Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk ignition systems.

On fox body cars.

What are the best components, and which should I stay away from?

For as far as coils, plug wires and tfi modules. What cap and rotor is the best? Or are they all the same?

What all would it take to mount my coil like a sn95 5.0?

Post up what you use and why, and what you wont use and why!

Thanks!

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Wow, you ask a lot of damn questions.

I'm pretty fond of the msd stuff. A msd 6a or 6al(has rev limiter adjustable with "chips") with a stock or msd coil works great. Wouldn't worry about the TFI module unless yours is giving problems, replace with good quality parts(echlin, borq warner, etc), same with the cap and rotor just use quality parts, IF brass terminals are available use it as they don't corrode and wear as bad as the steel colored parts. Any good 8mm plug wire should be fine. If you're making a lot of power and really stressing the ignition system then you'll want maybe an 8.8mm or larger with a low resistance rating.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
      Wow, you ask a lot of damn questions.

I'm pretty fond of the msd stuff. A msd 6a or 6al(has rev limiter adjustable with "chips") with a stock or msd coil works great. Wouldn't worry about the TFI module unless yours is giving problems, replace with good quality parts(echlin, borq warner, etc), same with the cap and rotor just use quality parts, IF brass terminals are available use it as they don't corrode and wear as bad as the steel colored parts. Any good 8mm plug wire should be fine. If you're making a lot of power and really stressing the ignition system then you'll want maybe an 8.8mm or larger with a low resistance rating.
      Thats what i needed to know!

And hey! Id rather ask before I do something stupid.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

You might post a wanted for a 6a or 6al, or you may have a decent cut since you're a parts slinger.

Comment

Stock is fine for your ride.
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
            Stock is fine for your ride.
            and this, an ignition box probably won't net you any noticeable gains. if the ignition system has weak or worn parts just replacing them with quality components will make all the differences you need.

Comment

Working...
            X