Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routines what is yours?

Do you have one?

As a newb i was very overwelmed with everything in the gym. I still am with certain movements. I dont have access to people like justin who can help.

I've been doing a simple ruitine.

m-w-f is
    bench 1 warm up and 3 sets full weight and one burn out set.
    incline bench is the same with out a burn out set.
    Pull ups wide grip as many as i can do 4 sets.
    standing barbell rows 4 sets of 10
    lat pull downs 4 sets of 10 with a burn out set on occasion.

tue-thursday are shoulder/leg days. More of shoulders becuase of my knee issues.

Close grip bench 4 sets of 10
    skull crushers 4 sets of 10
    lateral raises 4 sets of 10 with a burn out set thrown in.
    close/reg grip curls with ez curl bar. 3-4 sets of 10.
    standing/sitting dumbell curls 3-4 sets depends on my tennis elbow.
    A few others that i forget the name of.

Legs im limited to machines. One day i hope i can start doing real squats and deadlifts and such.

Cardio is daily with more on shoulder/leg days. Mainly as much as i can run for as long as i can run. I also bike when my knee is bad. I usually only do cardio to get me warmed up for lifting. 10-20 min.

I've been doing something new the last few weeks:

Upperbody Day

Barbell Bench
    5 sets, increasing weight each set
    1x15, 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, and 1x6 (if i can get all 6 on the last set, the next week i increase weight for all sets
    1 set of incline dumbbell bench, decent weight to burn out

Dead lifts
    same 5 sets as above
    1 set of lat pulldowns, decent weight to burn out

Barbell Shoulder press
    same 5 sets as above
    1 set of upright rows, decent weight to burn out

Lowerbody Day

Squats
    Same 5 sets as above

Stiff leg dead lifts
    Same 5 sets as above

Calf raises
    Same 5 sets as above

I've been trying to go 2 on, 2 off, 2 on, 2 off, ect...

I need to start adding in cardio on the off days.

Comment

I lift 4 days a week, broken down into legs, shoulders, back/biceps, chest/triceps.

I try to do cardio 7 days a week. Run outside for 3 miles, or 45 minutes on the elliptical. I throw some jumping rope in there too when I need to mix things up.

On the weekends in addition to cardio I do some sort of total body workout. Like a yoga class, crossfit WOD, burpees, or play around on the rings at home.

I also love relaxing in the sauna, steam room & whirlpool. I always chill for at least 30 minutes and stretch when I'm done working out.

Comment

I'd post my training regiment but I'm SURE I will get HATE posts saying I'm not shit and cocky ect ect ROFL.. d(^.^)b
        sigpic

Comment

Sunday - 100% off day

Monday - Chest & Shoulders

3 Sets flat barbell bench (warmup, 10, 8, 6)
          2 Sets flat barbell bench "one and a halfs"
          3 Sets incline dumbell press (10, 10, 8)
          3 Sets decline barbell press (10 10 10)
          3 Sets Chest Flyes

3 Sets Lateral Raises (10 10 10)
          3 Sets Upright Rows (10 10 10)
          3 Sets Military Press (10 8 8)
          3 Sets Front Deltoid Raises (10 10 10)
          3 Sets Shoulder Shrugs

Random Cardio (Running as of late)

Tuesday - Bis & Tris

3 Sets Barbell Curls
          3 Sets Supinating Dumbell Curls
          3 Sets Seated Hammer Curls (supersets 10X heavy, 8X lighter)
          3 Sets preacer curls
          3 Sets EZ bar or "Zone specific" curls

3 Sets Skull Crushers
          3 Sets standing cable extensions
          3 Sets overhead cable extensions
          3 Sets Seated Tricep Press
          3 Sets EZ Bar push downs

Maybe Abs

Wednesday - Legs

Cardio - Run 2-4 Miles
          3 Sets Seated Leg Press
          3 Sets Power Squat
          3 Sets Hamstring Curls
          3 Sets Quad Extensions
          9 Sets Calf Raises (inner pos, middle pos, outer pos)

Thursday - "Off Day"

Light Cardio
          Abs

Friday - Back

3X Rows
          3X Upright Rows
          3X Lat Pull Downs
          3X Rear Delt/ Trap Flyes
          3X Lat Machine
          3X Lower Back Machine
          Roman Chair

Saturday - Cardio

Typically just a decent sized faster paced run (subjective...but fast for me. NOT BUDS/SEAL fast..and a little slower than FFC...haha.)

This is just my current workout. I changes weekly, but sticks to certain core lifts. I rarely change what day I lift a muscle group and always keep an even spread.

Comment

I'm currently doing a training plan written by some clown named Chris Carmichael.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
              I'd post my training regiment but I'm SURE I will get HATE posts saying I'm not shit and cocky ect ect ROFL.. d(^.^)b
              Post it Jersey Shore boy!

Comment

I eat pussy mon-sun!!
                sigpic

Comment

Sleeper, I just remembered that building muscle was your primary goal. I would strongly suggest not doing the same workout 3 days a week. Try goin with a 4 day split where you only work one muscle group one to 1.5 times a week. This will allow you to not only to fully recover, but to break down your muscles more each workout.

Comment

Monday: Legs and Shoulders

Squats, Leg Curls, Leg Presses, Standing Calf Raises

Shoulder Presses, Arnold Presses

Crunches and Bicycle Crunches (usually with a 10lb weight, behind the head)

20 min cardio

Tuesday: Tris and Chest

Skull crushers, pulldowns, barbell triceps extensions, dumbbell triceps extensions, dumbbell kickbacks

Bench, pushups, flys, chest press (machine)

Crunches and bicycle crunches (usually with a 10lb weight, behind the head)

20 min cardio

Wendsday: Biceps and Back

Pullups, hammer curls, barbell curls, incline curls, cables

Rows (machine, cables, barbell, high, low...whatever I'm closest to at the time)

Crunches and bicycle crunches

20 min cardio

Thursday: 30 min Cardio

Friday: 30 min Cardio

Saturday: Tri/Chest

Sunday: Bic/Back

Some people like to take Sat/Sun off, or just do cardio. I prefer the weekends for weightlifting; if you go after lunch, usually not too many people around, and I'm usually not pressed for time, so I can focus and hit the weights harder.

Comment

Monday: Chest and Cardio(example of one of my days):
                      1) Flat dumbbell presses: 120 x 10, 110 x 10, 100 x 10 (drop set)(3 sets)
                      2) Incline Hammer strength machine: 4 plates per side x 10, supersetted with 75lb incline flies on an incline bench x 10 (3 sets)
                      3) Flat Hammer strength machine: 5 plates per side x 10, 4 plates per side x 10, 3 plates per side x 20(drop set)(3 sets)
                      4) Free Motion cable press machine: 200lbs x 10, supersetted with 250lb chest fly machine x 10(3 sets)
                      5) Free weight dumbbell flies: 80lbs x 10, supersetted with cable flies set at medium level, 120lbs x 10(3 sets)
                      6) Decline dumbbell presses: 120 x 10, supersetted with cable flies at lower level, 80lbs x 10(3 sets)

Cardio: 15 minutes on the stairmill at a good pace, this usually nets 1.5-2 miles of pretty fast paced stairs.

Tuesday: Biceps and Cardio

Wednesday: Triceps and Cardio

Thursday:
                      Back and Cardio

Friday: Shoulders and Cardio

Saturday: Biceps, Triceps, Traps, and Cardio

Sunday:
                      Legs and Cardio

All workouts are 2-3hrs per day.
                      I have been incorporating a lot of change into my old heavy routine and I’ve seen my strength go through the roof!
                      Lately, I’ve been doing tons of drop sets and supersets, staying very intense, with little rest between sets.
                      I don’t puke, but my workout partners usually do on leg day.
                      I always tell them if they aren’t covered in sweat and gasping for breath, they aren’t working out hard enough.
                      My body is accustomed to doing sets of 6-10 reps, but with these 30 rep sets, my cardio has really improved immensely as well.
                      I would type out all of my routines, but one thing that I have figured out in my few years of working out is that change is great for the body and I try not to do the same thing too often.
                      Also, I do not recommend a new person to try this workout routine, as my diet has to always be in check 24-7 and of course, lots of rest as well(including the weekends).
                      Otherwise…my body will shut down.
                      Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 02-15-2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                        Monday: Chest and Cardio(example of one of my days):
                        1) Flat dumbbell presses: 120 x 10, 110 x 10, 100 x 10 (drop set)(3 sets)
                        2) Incline Hammer strength machine: 4 plates per side x 10, supersetted with 75lb incline flies on an incline bench x 10 (3 sets)
                        3) Flat Hammer strength machine: 5 plates per side x 10, 4 plates per side x 10, 3 plates per side x 20(drop set)(3 sets)
                        4) Free Motion cable press machine: 200lbs x 10, supersetted with 250lb chest fly machine x 10(3 sets)
                        5) Free weight dumbbell flies: 80lbs x 10, supersetted with cable flies set at medium level, 120lbs x 10(3 sets)
                        6) Decline dumbbell presses: 120 x 10, supersetted with cable flies at lower level, 80lbs x 10(3 sets)

Cardio: 15 minutes on the stairmill at a good pace, this usually nets 1.5-2 miles of pretty fast paced stairs.

Tuesday: Biceps and Cardio

Wednesday: Triceps and Cardio

Thursday:
                        Back and Cardio

Friday: Shoulders and Cardio

Saturday: Biceps, Triceps, Traps, and Cardio

Sunday:
                        Legs and Cardio

All workouts are 2-3hrs per day.
                        I have been incorporating a lot of change into my old heavy routine and I’ve seen my strength go through the roof!
                        Lately, I’ve been doing tons of drop sets and supersets, staying very intense, with little rest between sets.
                        I don’t puke, but my workout partners usually do on leg day.
                        I always tell them if they aren’t covered in sweat and gasping for breath, they aren’t working out hard enough.
                        My body is accustomed to doing sets of 6-10 reps, but with these 30 rep sets, my cardio has really improved immensely as well.
                        I would type out all of my routines, but one thing that I have figured out in my few years of working out is that change is great for the body and I try not to do the same thing too often.
                        Also, I do not recommend a new person to try this workout routine, as my diet has to always be in check 24-7 and of course, lots of rest as well(including the weekends).
                        Otherwise…my body will shut down.
                        Goodness! 2-3 hours a day. I wish I could have that mush time to dedicate but with 12 hour days @ work and spending time with the kiddos I usually workout 1 hour a day Mon-Fri and 2 hours a day Sat&Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by EazyDuzIt View Post
                          Goodness! 2-3 hours a day. I wish I could have that mush time to dedicate but with 12 hour days @ work and spending time with the kiddos I usually workout 1 hour a day Mon-Fri and 2 hours a day Sat&Sun.
                          What you are doing is more than enough though.
                          What is most important is that you are actually making the time to get in there.
                          I just am trying to push myself harder than ever and want to see some GOOD results before I get too old.

I used to have to work 12-14hr days, 6-7 days a week and I would try to train 6 days a week, but honestly...I was sooo fatigued from 6hrs of sleep a night, I did not make a lot of progress with my training.
                          Once, I actually fell asleep outside the gym and woke up 2hrs later and went straight home thinking to myself WTF am I doing???
                          That is when I knew I had reached my limit of fatigue.

Comment

Monday: Chest and bi's
                            Tues. legs and abs
                            Wed. off
                            Thur. shoulders and tri's
                            Fri. back and abs
                            Sat. Once a mouth go in and do 1 rep per body part with light weight and high,fast timed reps
                            Sun. Cardio (Chasing and playing with the kids)
                            Ace Duce

I can't play in the deep end of the sandbox, that's where the leprechaun is and he tells me to burn things!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EazyDuzIt View Post
                              Yeah there are at least a few people on here that do that. No idea how in the hell they manage that and careers.

To be perfectly honest, you're doing great if you're managing 1 hour Mon-Fri - I'm lucky to get 2-3 days M-F.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X