Landscaping People Inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landscaping People Inside!

I know we have a few landscapers here so I figured I would try my luck here before reaching out to others.

I have a 5x9 foot space in front of my kitchen window that has a few bushes, flowers and mulch. I don't like how it looks and don't care for what is there right now. I want something that doesn't require a lot of attention ie flowers etc. I also have a small area to the left and right of my house with the same "theme" going on and would like those redone also.

I know this really depends on the type of "greenery" I want to buy but I am looking for quote based on the actual pull out/install new plants.

If the price is right I may also need my lawn aerated in time for spring.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

location?

What direction does the bed face? Full sun, part sun, shady?

Here's a backyard project I did for my house 2 summers ago to give you some ideas. The whole project was about $1500 (materials-plants, rock, two small accent trees) and about 30hrs of my labor.

There used to be an above ground pool that occupied about 80% of my back yard. I reclaimed it and now have a cool place to relax.
    Attached Files

Comment

You're braver than I am, letting that huge tree continue to grow so close to your house. I'd be surprised if you haven't had any plumbing or foundation problems from the roots.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
        You're braver than I am, letting that huge tree continue to grow so close to your house. I'd be surprised if you haven't had any plumbing or foundation problems from the roots.
        No issues that I'm aware and been here well over 8 yrs.

With Post Oaks you do need to be careful with over watering so they do not get root rot which can be a quick demise of these trees. I carefully constructed the beds so water drains off and doesn't pool in these areas. When I water I do it thoroughly but infrequently which develops strong root structures.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
          No issues that I'm aware and been here well over 8 yrs.
          Just be careful. View Strychnine's thread for the "what if" game. Had to have a trench dug through the middle of his living room or office. Cost a pretty penny, and wasn't covered by insurance because roots under the slab (even 20-30 feet under the slab) are a "maintenance item".
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
            location?

What direction does the bed face? Full sun, part sun, shady?

Here's a backyard project I did for my house 2 summers ago to give you some ideas. The whole project was about $1500 (materials-plants, rock, two small accent trees) and about 30hrs of my labor.

There used to be an above ground pool that occupied about 80% of my back yard. I reclaimed it and now have a cool place to relax.
            The front of the house faces east so it has full sun up until about 2-3PM.
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
              The front of the house faces east so it has full sun up until about 2-3PM.
              pm sent

Comment

Working...
              X