Car audio guys, help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car audio guys, help.

Does anyone have any advice on car deck/cd players. I need something nice, but reasonable. Must be single din, have direct ipod hook up.

Other than those requirements, what should it have?
    Any prefered brands or models. Cool looks would be cool also, maybe also something that would play dvds and maybe flip out.

What are you guys running?

Anyone have the car audio hook-up?
    Ded

Buy mine...

Alpine, single din, has an iPod hookup, and overall is awesome - like it's owner.

Comment

sony gt700hd. ipod, aux, hd radio built in. blue or green illumination choice. looks cool and works great. got mine at crutchfield refurbished for $120. hell of a deal.
      2012 GT500

Comment

Sony sucks...
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
          Buy mine...

Alpine, single din, has an iPod hookup, and overall is awesome - like it's owner.
          How much? What model is it?
          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
            How much? What model is it?

$250

Comes with original box, manual, detachable face case, remote, and the iPod cord which you can place in your glove department or where ever.

Also have the power inverter thing made from Scosche that let's you use certain iPods and charge them. I guess Apple changed the amperage on some newer models so you'd have to buy new car chargers and what not.

Comment

The new Pioneer DEH 4300 is pretty nice, I had an older model I believe the 4100 and it was great. Had the Ipod Direct cable so you can control the ipod through the head-unit. You can get a new on ebay for about $110

Comment

I like Alpine. They sound great, look great, and are easy to use.

Comment

For the record - I LOVE my w900. It's not a single din though.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I have one of the base model Alpines with the iPod interface and it works great for what I need. I think Leah bought it from Crutchfield for a little over $100.

Comment

What kind of car?
                      Factory steering wheel controls?
                      Do you NEED a CD player? There are some cool decks like the Kenwood KIV-700 that are really feature packed (like ipod video)and look great.
                      Are you going to add amps? Sub amp?
                      Do you know how to use a crossover?

Comment

Here, also I don't need top of the line or some super tech. Just want a nice but reasonable deck.

Originally posted by EW View Post
                        What kind of car?
                        98 bmw 328is
                        Factory steering wheel controls?no
                        Do you NEED a CD player? I would like one as I have a shitload of old cd's. Not at all needed though. There are some cool decks like the Kenwood KIV-700 that are really feature packed (like ipod video)and look great.
                        Are you going to add amps? Sub amp? No subs no amp, just need clean crisp sound, car will @ some point be a weekend track car so wheight will be an issue.
                        Do you know how to use a crossover?Nope
                        Ded

Comment

Look at the Kenwood KIV-700, Alpine CDA-105.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                            http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/cda-9886/default

$250

Comes with original box, manual, detachable face case, remote, and the iPod cord which you can place in your glove department or where ever.

Also have the power inverter thing made from Scosche that let's you use certain iPods and charge them. I guess Apple changed the amperage on some newer models so you'd have to buy new car chargers and what not.
                            ^This.. you'll be happy with this.

Comment

Working...
                            X