Concrete slab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete slab?

I need a about a 8x10 concrete slab laid for a dog kennel. Any recommendation? I'm in N. Ft. Worth. Thanks
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
    I need a about a 8x10 concrete slab laid for a dog kennel. Any recommendation? I'm in N. Ft. Worth. Thanks
    Why not do it yourself? that's a small enough slab to be able to finish it by yourself no prob.
    The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

I agree, something that small I would tackle myself.

Comment

Cause i have money to pay someone to do it for me.
        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
          Cause i have money to pay someone to do it for me.
          LOL, great reasoning if you have NO SKILLS. I could pay people to do shit for me all day long but is it going to get done to the same standard that I would do it to? NO.
          The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

For $250, I'd let a pro do it. If you already had all the stuff, then it may work. By the time you rent a mixer, buy concrete, steel, dig it up and set your form-boards, you won't save that much. It would take you a day, and a pro could do it in a couple of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              For $250, I'd let a pro do it. If you already had all the stuff, then it may work. By the time you rent a mixer, buy concrete, steel, dig it up and set your form-boards, you won't save that much. It would take you a day, and a pro could do it in a couple of hours.
              For an 80sqft pad that is 3-4" thick, for a dog pen, I probably wouldn't even go to that extreme. I would split the pad into (2) 4'x8' sections and use a wheel barrow to mix up sack concrete and do (1) 4'x8' side the first day and the other 4'x8' side the second day. We're only talking about a total of 40 bags at $3.xx/bag, plus $40ish in material.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                For an 80sqft pad that is 3-4" thick, for a dog pen, I probably wouldn't even go to that extreme. I would split the pad into (2) 4'x8' sections and use a wheel barrow to mix up sack concrete and do (1) 4'x8' side the first day and the other 4'x8' side the second day. We're only talking about a total of 40 bags at $3.xx/bag, plus $40ish in material.
                At my age, I'll pay the extra $75 so I can have my weekend. To each his own!

Comment

I'm young and more than capable, but I still think I'd pay someone before mixing a yard of crete in a barrow.

Comment

I'm doing a 12 x12 pad now which is about 1.7 yards of concrete. I can't find anyone to touch it for less than $500 and I have it leveled, formed, and re-barred. Most concrete companies had a 4 yard min on bringing a truck out.

I decided to get the little 1 yard trailers at $130 and then level it myself.

Comment

Im with these guys and would do it myself...kind of.

I would get the ground ready, put up the forms, and go to my local concrete place buy premixed concrete. They have trailers that hold 1-2yards that you can rent. Back that thing up and dump it in the form. This sounds like a 1 yard job. 8'x10'x.333 = 26.64cu ft.

Mixing is the part that sucks. Forms are easy, little rebar and a 10' 2x4 to screed it.

Comment

With the price of concrete these days, almost seems like a mixer is a good investment if you're going to be doing a lot.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I had a small pad poured in my backyard a few years ago and remember that it was hard to find someone that even wanted to mess with a small job...and then they wanted $10/sq ft or something.

Comment

Working...
                          X