hmm i wonder if anyone can help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm i wonder if anyone can help.

ok so im kinda in a pickle here, 3 years ago i bough my 93 fox, 2.3l 4 plug, i had no idea they made one at the time but i got a heck of a deal at $300 for a car with 42000 miles. so i got it running it turns out the icm was out on it. so i drove it back n fourth to high school until graduation which i just graduated, and i drove it to work through the summer and saved up enough to do THE 5.0 swap so i started building. got a 302 long block pretty cheap tore it completely down and cleaned everything up really nice, put new bearings, and rings and everything. it didnt need to be bored at all. so i ported and polished the e7's and threw them on, re used the stock cam, pistons, rods, crank, lifters, and push rods. bought a new oil pump, water pump, distributor, n all those goodies.. put an edelbrock performer intake on it, rebuilt myself a 1850-2 holley carb which is a 600 cfm with a vacuum secondary. had this thing lookin nice and pretty on the engine stand in the shop!! then it came to a transmission.. i knew shortly i would be going to college in dallas so i didnt want a c4 or a c6 so i went for an aod. (btw i stayed with the 7'' 3.73's) and i finally found one at a transmission shop right up the street. he said with exchange for the a4ld that i was going to be taking out he would trade me for the trans and $100 and that the aod had just recently had a rebuild. so i took his word for it and then time came to do the swap. had the 2.3 and the a4ld out in one day and thought i would have this thing done in no time.. haha or not. then i lowered the 5.0 in and wired it up (had to work the bugs out with the durasparkII system for a day and a half) then put the trans in it got everything hooked up nicely got it off of the jack stands and went for a drive. well hell it wouldnt shift out of 1st.. fml. so i messed with the TV cable on the trans thinking that was it.. it had no effect. then i finally decide to take the aod out and say screw it ill just get another. so i took it out then thought ill jus take the pan off and take a look inside. so i did and found out that the linkage wasnt hooked up inside the trans. hooked that up and put a shift kit in the valve body for the fun of it then i put it back in and took it for a drive. shifted perfectly. then i stompped on it FML the rear u-joint broke but not all the way so it was off center and was way outta balance and was enough to break the extension housing on the transmission. on top of that i used 12 mm bolts on the bellhousing instead of 1/2 inch and they came loose and the trans came back far enough to let the torque converter come unlocked and it broke the starter. so 2 days before i was suppose to leave for college my car spewes its new guts. so my parents help me get a really cheap car to get through college.. a 2000 kia rio, not too bad of a car but not my mustang of my dreams either. anyway three months into college my family's financual situation goes down the drain and i had to move back with my parents to help them out with in any way possible. and in doing so a moving back from dallas to longview i hydroplained and totaled that car. can we say fml again so then me and my step dad get in a big fight and i moved away to a town called kerens texas about 15 miles east of corsicana. and i have no car and no job. any ideas on 1 how can i get on my feet, and 2 how to get my mustang down here to fix it and drive it to work??

Thats way too much damn reading.

Comment

gotta cover the basics first man, find a job preferably within walking or bicycle distance of where you live. save up enough dough to go get your car, save up some more to fix your car.

Comment

thanks.. and after i typed i thought about that

Comment

i mean i thought about that was too much reading

Comment

How did you get into College?

Comment

ill lowball you on your mustang being its broke, you need the money, and i dont need the car. ie supply and demand. ill give you 900 for the car?

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                How did you get into College?
                oh and to this lol

Comment

I drive through Kerens pretty regular. Move. Move now. You won't be working anywhere but the gas station that sells pizza. You'll do better in Corsicana, 7 points, Gun Barrel City, anywhere around there.

When you move, get a job, and have a few bucks, get your car and put it together with the RIGHT hardware.

Oh yeah, make up with your family. You're gonna need their help for the rest of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
                    ill lowball you on your mustang being its broke, you need the money, and i dont need the car. ie supply and demand. ill give you 900 for the car?
                    Or just take this offer. Sounds like he's offering about double what the car is worth!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
                      Or just take this offer. Sounds like he's offering about double what the car is worth!
                      it sucks to even say this but im actually thinking about it :/

and to the college comment.. hmm idk.. idk how i got valedictorian out of 382 students either or how i got a full ride acidemic scholarship either but tha world works in weird ways.

never claimed anywhere in the post that i have done numerous builds.. it was my first and lesson learned

and to BUFFALOHALTOM ill send u a pm about tha car

Comment

Originally posted by sturfri View Post
                        it sucks to even say this but im actually thinking about it :/

and to the college comment.. hmm idk.. idk how i got valedictorian out of 382 students either or how i got a full ride acidemic scholarship either but tha world works in weird ways.

never claimed anywhere in the post that i have done numerous builds.. it was my first and lesson learned

and to BUFFALOHALTOM ill send u a pm about tha car
                        So these days you don't even have to know how to spell or use punctuation to be a Valedictorian?
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
                          [x] Solution

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                            So these days you don't even have to know how to spell or use punctuation to be a Valedictorian?
                            Damn, I guess so. I heard the other day that some schools are no longer giving "F" 's, they are using "I" and "E" and similar shit, so as not to hurt the childs feelings.

Comment

responded to your pm sir

Comment

Working...
                              X