Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An open question to those who would kill a police officer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open question to those who would kill a police officer....

My daughter asked me a question and for the first time in 17 years I didn't have an answer. She asked me why some one would want to kill me just because I was a police officer. I know all about evil people, and so does she. But solely because I am a police officer you want to kill me? I don't understand and neither does she.

So, my daughter and I both wanna know, why do you want to kill me solely because I am a police officer?
    1983 Mustang Coupe

Because you are a symbol of an establishment that is actively working against my people.

Or some horse shit like that. You know that anyone who's actively targeting cops isn't a rational person, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Because you are a symbol of an establishment that is actively working against my people.
      I think that about sums it up. I have a very good friend, black dude, that grew up in the hood in OKC. We can't discuss this subject because we are coming from two very different places. I can't pretend to know what it's like to walk around as a young black man, being harassed, etc. He knows some of what he's been harassed for he has brought upon himself. But it goes deeper than that, and I just don't understand.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

You know that anyone who's actively targeting cops isn't a rational person, right?
        This.

Why would you kill the person who harvests your food?
        Why would you kill the man who paves your streets?
        Why would you kill the person who operates your power plants?

Because you're not a member of society, you're an observer who thinks you're owed something. To not be able to discriminate between one bad actor and a larger group who means well is ignorant.

I actually started one of my usual long posts on this yesterday. Maybe I'll post tomorrow.

Comment

Same reason anyone targets emblems of authority. Police are the very visible arm of the government that enforces the laws that are passed. As the people that are having those laws enforced on them cannot get to nor see the law makers that enact the laws, they focus that hatred on the ones enforcing it. You enforce it, you must believe in it, therefore you are the bad guy and this law wouldn't be around if you didn't enforce it so if you're not around, it goes away.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            This.

I actually started one of my usual long posts on this yesterday. Maybe I'll post tomorrow.
            Same, but this guy obviously had problems. There are a ton of reason and ways someone could come to this viewpoint one thing has led to the decline of authority. Family, or lack there of.

Comment

Last Wednesday this Micah Johnson would have said he was a veteran and had no criminal history. Then 24 hours later he murdered 5 decent and honorable men, only becuase they were white and wore a police uniform.

None of you have really answered my daughters question.
              1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
                Last Wednesday this Micah Johnson would have said he was a veteran and had no criminal history. Then 24 hours later he murdered 5 decent and honorable men, only becuase they were white and wore a police uniform.

You've seen the pics of him at panther rallies. He was radicalized. Same reason muslim terrorists cut of people's heads. Radicalization.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Yes we have, it's just not a satisfactory answer for you. There probably isn't a satisfactory answer for you, and that's ok. Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean that senseless things don't happen for their own twisted reasons.

Comment

Unfortunately, You will probably never get a realistic answer to this question. I am about as FTP as you will ever deal with but I can't help but feel pain and sorrow for those who are grieving now.

Comment

Yes we have, it's just not a satisfactory answer for you. There probably isn't a satisfactory answer for you, and that's ok. Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean that senseless things don't happen for their own twisted reasons.
                      Yeah he was radicalized. Yet, in his family and culture he was normal or at least, accepted. I still wanna know, and so does my daughter, why does someone wanna kill me?
                      1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Yeah he was radicalized. Yet, in his family and culture he was normal or at least, accepted. I still wanna know, and so does my daughter, why does someone wanna kill me?
                        Because you're part of a group that has a select few asshats that like to abuse their power, because the system allows them to. These bad eggs get away with pretty much anything, and by not doing anything about it, it makes you all look bad...

Now you get a guy that's a few fries short of a happy meal and he decides to come out guns blazing. IMO, that's what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                          Because you're part of a group that has a select few asshats that like to abuse their power, because the system allows them to. These bad eggs get away with pretty much anything, and by not doing anything about it, it makes you all look bad...

Now you get a guy that's a few fries short of a happy meal and he decides to come out guns blazing. IMO, that's what happens.
                          Well there ya go, murder justified. You're brave for speaking up, but your thought process makes you part of the problem.
                          1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

My daughter asked me a question and for the first time in 17 years I didn't have an answer. She asked me why some one would want to kill me just because I was a police officer. I know all about evil people, and so does she. But solely because I am a police officer you want to kill me? I don't understand and neither does she.

So, my daughter and I both wanna know, why do you want to kill me solely because I am a police officer?
                            There are plenty of people that want to kill everyone that won't obey their religion too. How does one explain that? Well the reality is that you can't explain stupid. You just have to be prepared to protect your family and self from it.

You will never understand stupid, overly emotional, illogical, brain washed, murderous fools. To try is a waste of time. The only solution is the one Patton suggested.

Comment

Religious fanatics that commit terrorist acts are also accepted, loved, protected, sheltered and lied for by their close friends and family. Again, you aren't ever going to understand it. Just be ready.....

The best thing you can do is prepare your daughter. This is all just the tip of the iceberg. With education and the economy not working for over 90% of the population or more worldwide this problem is only going to grow.

Multiculturalism is a time bomb and the fuse is being lit.

Comment

Working...
                              X