Mass Gainer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Gainer?

Looking for a mass gainer that tastes good to replace my protein once i finish the tub. Right now im taking jack3d and GNC amp wheyabolic extreme 60

I've been using Whey and adding peanutbutter along with a SHITLOAD of OATS and it's been working really well. Cheap way out though..
    sigpic

Comment

gotcha. im lookin for something at gnc that tastes decent

Comment

Why gnc?

Buy it from Greg at lockoutforums.com

He can point you in the right direction and save you a ton of money over gnc.

I like to eat, so i would just eat more high protein lean foods.

Comment

Trust me I've tried, so im looking to go for a mass gainer now. And i know ppl that work at gnc and im close with people at bodybuilding.com too

Comment

Good deal. I would just hate to see someone being ripped off paying retail gnc prices.

Comment

Nah i got a few hookups just need to gain some damn weight

Comment

How tall are you? Hopefully someone with more experience pops in.

How much are you eating a day now? what are you eating?

Comment

5'7
                  usually 4 meals of chicken or steak

Comment

try eating more vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains and beans in your diet.

a high animal protein based diet is hell on the body, in more ways than one. There's a lot of good proteins out there in vegetables, beans, and nuts.

I mean just to compare.

Amount of protein per 100g in veggies

most beans - 9g - 40 calories
                    peas - 7g - 30 calories
                    broccoli - 3g - 20 calories
                    asparagus - 3g - 20 calories
                    spinach - 2g - 20 calories
                    watercress - 3g - 20 calories
                    sweet corn - 2.5g - 50 calories

Compared to meat
                    lean beef - 25g - 275 calories
                    chicken - 26g - 140 calories
                    pork - 27g - 290 calories
                    turkey - 28g - 165 calories
                    mushrooms - 2g
                    okra - 2.4g
                    cauliflower - 3g
                    brussel sprouts - 3g

So lets say there's 25g of protein and 275 calories in 100g of beef.
                    you could have 400g of peas for 28g of protein and only 210 calories.

When added to whole grains such as brown rice, or whole wheat, the proteins are as complex with amino acids as animal based proteins. And much better for you and your digestive system.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      So lets say there's 25g of protein and 275 calories in 100g of beef.
                      you could have 400g of peas for 28g of protein and only 210 calories.

When added to whole grains such as brown rice, or whole wheat, the proteins are as complex with amino acids as animal based proteins. And much better for you and your digestive system.
                      You do have a good point, but...
                      LOL at eating 400 grams(almost 1lb) of peas to obtain a mere 28 grams of protein!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                        LOL at eating 400 grams(almost 1lb) of peas to obtain a mere 28 grams of protein!!!
                        I'm not saying in every meal! I'm by no means a Vegan or do I even promote being Vegan. I just think people overlook vegetables and their nutrients, because we've been raised to think carbs are bad, and animal protein is the best protein for human consumption.

I'm just saying there is adequate protein sources outside of animal protein.

I've been reading some crazy stuff, "The China Study", where they showed, in lab rats, that getting 10% of protein from animal sources was safe and had no adverse affects on carcinegens that cause cancer. But eating 20% increased the growth of cancer 10 fold.

and reducing back down to 10% or under animal based protein slowed and even stopped cancer cells from growing.

And this wasn't in 40-50% of the lab rats studied, it was 100%

Oh and the main animal protein they used in the first studies was caesin (milk protein), that's in just about every form of protein drink and shake.
                        Last edited by Silverback; 02-17-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I agree I too eat a lot of vegetables for this very reason.

WTF doesn't cause cancer nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                            I agree I too eat a lot of vegetables for this very reason.

WTF doesn't cause cancer nowadays?
                            Funny thing is animal protein actually doesn't cause cancer, just allows cancer cells the ability to grow and reproduce.

Carcenigens cause cancer

I didn't even post Soy Beans. I mean one cup of soy beans or edamame for the asian eaters contains 189 calories and 17g of protein

Comment

Im not worried about calories. Im just trying to put on weight be it muscle or fat. I can turn fat into muscle fast. Cause the mass gainers have between 700-1000 calories and 60-100gs of protein.

Comment

Working...
                              X