2002 Nissan Altima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Nissan Altima

This is the second time the damn cars leaves my wife and kids on the side of the road. Friday It just turned over but did not start, after towing it home the next day the motherfucker turned on fine. Monday it hesitated a little bit to turn on but it did and ran fine. Today she used it all day and it was fine till the end of the day, she went shopping and the mofo did not turn on. Now I gotta get that bitch toed back home. WTF?? It's not a mustang so I do not know shit about these cars..Somebody have any suggestions on what I should check first. TIA!!

G/L man. My fiance has an 06 2.5s and its a pos. So many things Ive had to replace and it only has 80k miles. I hate Nissans!

Sounds like the crankshaft position sensor (had the same problem too).

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
      G/L man. My fiance has an 06 2.5s and its a pos. So many things Ive had to replace and it only has 80k miles. I hate Nissans!

Really how hard is it to replace?

Comment

I just saw that Nissan had an issue with that and it was recalled.

Comment

Does yours have a 4 cylinder or v6?

For the 4 banger model

Comment

For the 4 banger model
            http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/f-q...-5-altima.html

Thats exactly what it sounds like. Im going to have to replace that bitch tommorow. The other problem is getting that bitch over to my house, its in uptown village and theres alot of traffic out the on 1382 right now.

Comment

For the 4 banger model
              http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/f-q...-5-altima.html

Hey bud thanks for the help!! I read that the cam shaft sensor also goes out so I tried it first since it was the easiest one to get to and that bitch turned right on. Thanks really much appreciated!!

Comment

No prob bro, good to hear it fixed the problem! Where's the camshaft sensor at btw?

Comment

No prob bro, good to hear it fixed the problem! Where's the camshaft sensor at btw?
                  the cam shaft sensor is to the left of the positive battery terminal on the intake. Very easy to get to, we didnt even have to remove the plastic engine cover....

Comment

IMO they are pretty good cars, done several motor jobs on them, only gripe i have about working on them is the trans filter change, motherfucker you better have you some tools.....remove trans mount, jack that mofo to the roof for about .5 inch clearance to get to the bolts on one side. Think is a 1.5 hr job that actually takes 4.

Comment

Make sure the latest PCM updates were done, they also had a recall for that. Wrong tuning = destroyed pre-cat = engine trashed.

Comment

Working...
                      X