Deer Hunters - 2010 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Hunters - 2010 Season Thread

Rut has been rolling for a little bit now and the bucks are so horny they can hardly see straight. How is everyone's season going so far? I'm heading down to Meridian in a little bit for a bow hunt and hopefully I'll fill two tags that weekend.

Anyone take anything with some size or scouting any good bucks?
    Last edited by 0 GT 2; 11-16-2010, 07:05 PM.
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Not going until next week when the acorns are getting more rotten and the weather is colder.

Comment

This might be my first year in a very long time not to be able to go deer hunting. Man I need to find a lease.
      2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

FWIW there's some really good public land on the southwest corner of Texoma that is stacked with deer.
        An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

The first day of muzzle loader in iowa on public ground. I was calling predators and had a heard of does and small bucks come out. Once they made it across the field the biggest 12 point perfect basket huuge size came strutting out. It was biggest and most symmetrical typical ive ever laid eyes on.

I Dont deer hunt in Iowa even tho i live here. This deer knew i couldnt shoot it. It just chilled and teased me for a solid 30 min eating the grass.

If anything like that steped out at the farm in Kansas it would be dead as soon as it cleared the tree's.

Comment

Yeap, dads place in west Odessa on thanksgiving, Uncles ranch in Roscoe than maybe Blackwater.
            You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Working...
            X