garage walls cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garage walls cleaning

going to pull all the shit out and clean up the garage and get it ready for my car (if it ever gets here lol), my question is, can i just take a waterhose and spray the walls down and take like a mop and scrub them down before painting? i dont want mold and shit to start growing after getting it all ready. TIA

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

If its masonry have at it, but if its sheet rock I wouldn't recommend it

Comment

its sheet rock but i think it has a coat of paint on it already, if it has paint can i do it or would you still not recommend it?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

I would use a rag myself just so you dont take the chance of soaking the paint and having it flake off.

Just my .02

Comment

Man, I wouldn't hose it down. If it's really bad, dampen an old bath towel and wipe it really good.

Comment

No way should you use a water hose. If it is that bad, like mentioned, damp rag and a bucket of soapy water, then maybe sand it down, primer/paint it.

Comment

I've acually broomed the walls and ceiling, it's amazing how much loose stuff sticks to the walls. I'd do this 1st and then what the other said.
              2 Chronicles 7:14
              If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Working...
              X