Honda CBR600RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda CBR600RR

I'm looking to get a 600. I'm interested in the 05+ models. What is a fair price for this model? The body doesn't have to be perfect on it, because I want to put on Repsol fairings like these...

Says they'll fit on every CBR600RR, has anyone had experience with them? Also, when buying from a individual seller, what are some these I should look into. I'm a novice, and I don't have any friends who are knowledgeable about bikes I could take to look at one.
    2008 GT - cammed, 93 octane tune, 326 to the wheels

i've seen those pics on ebay before, some place in taiwan or china. not sure if this place (in cali) is just reselling them, or robbing the pics. a few years ago an old riding buddy got a repsol kit from overseas for his '03 600rr after he wrecked it. i remember him saying something about a little fitment issue, but it wasn't any big deal apparently. it looked great from what i could tell.

if you get it let us know how they fit, i might be in the market for an f4i set myself sometime soon.
    Justin

Comment

I got a couple sets of those chinese fairings in 08. They had some issues here and there, but for the price you can't beat them on cleaning up a "beater" of a bike. If you register and use 600RR.net there are some guys on there from China who will sell you the fairings quite a bit cheaper than users on ebay.

They may take some cussing to get to fit correctly, sometimes there are runs in the clear, they are more brittle (don't flex as much as OEM before cracking) and some aftermarket exhaust systems will melt them depending on a few factors. FWIW I had a full system on an 05 600RR that melted the OEM right belly pan.

Make sure to get your wheels powdercoated orange, that's the make or break with the Repsol look.

I'm actually getting two 06 600RRs (last year of that gen) ready to sell that aren't in the best shape. One is a salvage title and the other is a clean title. The salvage title is actually the nicer bike of the two. Both have been crashed and I don't mind showing anyone what I've done to repair them.

PM me for pics/details. I've put a couple hundred miles on the salvage title bike myself. Will do the same once I finish the clean title bike on Sunday.
      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

As far as a "fair" price, I have a conflict of interest here, lol, but I sold a mint 06 600RR Red/Blk for $4550 with under 5K miles and a mint blk/slvr 03 600RR on ebay with ~12k miles to a localish buyer for 4200 last October and November.

Honestly, I've been buying/selling bikes since I was 18, 30 now, and I'm not the best with estimating value on a bike needing TLC. It's sort of a case by case basis. If you can find someone that doesn't know what they have and is in need of cash you can find a great deal. It doesn't happen everytime, but they're out there, especially if you aren't looking for a specific yr/make/model/color.
        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
          As far as a "fair" price, I have a conflict of interest here, lol, but I sold a mint 06 600RR Red/Blk for $4550 with under 5K miles and a mint blk/slvr 03 600RR on ebay with ~12k miles to a localish buyer for 4200 last October and November.

Honestly, I've been buying/selling bikes since I was 18, 30 now, and I'm not the best with estimating value on a bike needing TLC. It's sort of a case by case basis. If you can find someone that doesn't know what they have and is in need of cash you can find a great deal. It doesn't happen everytime, but they're out there, especially if you aren't looking for a specific yr/make/model/color.
          When I'm ready to buy my next street bike I'm coming to you for assistance if you don't mind!

~Nate

Comment

I don't know your experience with bikes but I will give you my perspective on this. I wouldn't rush. One thing I have learned in dealing with bikes the past few months is that a lot of them are hard up for cash and they tell you that, which I don't understand.

I had a price in mind for what I wanted to pay for a bike and would go around and offer everyone what I had to see if they bit (not to far off from asking price). If you have a little bit of patience and are in no rush then just wait. A good deal will arise and you will be happy. As far as pricing - I just look at Craigslist and get a feel that way. You can get a pretty good idea what the average price is by looking at 15-20 bikes. I paid $700 less then what my bike was listed as and ended up selling it just a day or two ago for what the original owner was asking. The seller said the price was firm - he messaged me a week or two later and agreed to what I offered.

I even had one case where this guy lost the title for his 05 600RR (I knew him through a mutual friend) and wanted to sell it to me for $3,000. Why? Because he got a DWI and needed cash quick..
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
            X