Is working out your Abs everyday bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is working out your Abs everyday bad?

I was told doing it everyday is bad. I guess doing certain Ab workout is but doing regular setup and crunches is that bad to do it everyday. Cause here lately that is one area I'm working out pretty hard.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Would you workout any other muscle everyday?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      Would you workout any other muscle everyday?
      I workout my biceps everyday, just don't use heavy weights plus less reps then what I do on my arm days.
      2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

If sit-ups and crunches everyday were bad then no one on earth would survive boot camp.

I'd say no.

It's not anything I would want to do personally anymore, but it won't cause permanent harm either.

I do core exercises twice weekly though.

Comment

I've read mixed opinions on this, some people say it's ok to do while others disagree. I do core work everyday but it's not directed at just abs, so that's probably how I get away with it. They need time to rebuild tissue like every other muscle, so that maybe why they say to not target the abs only, daily.

Comment

Bad? Not really. The most efficient way to grow muscle? Not at all.

Abs are the same skeletal muscle tissue as the rest of your body and grow the same way, with a recovery period.

P.S. AnthonyS really, really needs to stop talking about the military.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post

Abs are the same skeletal muscle tissue as the rest of your body and grow the same way, with a recovery period.

Honestly though, how big can one expect their abs to get?

I've been told by a couple of different personal trainers that it's fine to work them out everyday. It would seem better though to kill them two or three times a week though and letting them rest than straining everyday.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working your abs everyday isn't really a bad thing. It's how you work them out... Your abs are used to help your body stay in an upright position, therefore your abs build better with core type, fully extended exercise and not thousands of crunches a day. That's why most people fail at building quality abs.

If you're trying to get that Hollywood six pack then you should focus more on losing body fat then doing abs everyday. Cardio and diet, diet is 90% of everything.
                Last edited by Cannon; 02-21-2011, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post

It's the easiest way to get paid to work out.

Comment

Working...
                  X