Fake news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake news

The faux covers were dated 1 March 2009 — the same day the show premiered — but as the Washington Post article noted, the magazine did not publish an issue on that date. However, it did publish an issue a day later with actress Kate Winslet on the cover, and which did not mention Trump at all.

Two of the headlines used in the actual 2 March 2009 issue of Time (“How Stressed Is Your Bank? A Checkup” and “Obama’s Next Move: Can He Curb Health Care Costs?”) appeared on the mocked-up cover, which was spotted on display in Trump resorts in Colorado, Virginia, Ireland, and his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. Employees at the Turnberry resort in Scotland also reported that the cover had been displayed there until they took it down because of “grumbling about all the stuff like that up on the walls” by American tourists.

The fake magazine cover also contained a fake bar code which was used in a graphic design tutorial posted by graphic designer Leonardo Amoretti on his blog in 2010, which also displayed a mockup of a “Time” cover:
    THE BAD HOMBRE

That's funny as shit. Good find.

Comment

Lmao!

Can't fault Trump for that. That's back when John Miller was his agent. It was all his fault!

Comment

If I were Trump I'd tell everyone I'll take them down as soon as the journalists are credible again...

not really, I'd never have put them up cause I'm not like him, but whatevs. He's a douche, we all know that, but we also know that's what the country needs these days.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

it's a meme
          Last edited by CWO; 06-28-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

A senior reporter for Fox News edited out any mention of "Russian" while reporting on Donald Trump Jr.'s emails.Chief Intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge reported on "key sections" of the Trump Jr. email changes, while editing out mention of Russia, Media Matters for America documented."Th...

A senior reporter for Fox News edited out any mention of “Russian” while reporting on Donald Trump Jr.’s emails.

Chief Intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge reported on “key sections” of the Trump Jr. email changes, while editing out mention of Russia, Media Matters for America documented.

“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump,” the email read.

“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information … I can also send this info to your father via Rhona but it’s ultra sensitive so wanted to send it to you first,” Herridge reported the email read, completely skipping over mention of Russia while reporting on investigations into Russian collusion.
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

“Someone … needs to say, ‘From the time you saw ‘Doctor Zhivago’ until the moment you drank vodka with a guy named Boris, you list every single one of those.’”

we like gowdy though, right?
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                  X