My dogs killed some cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dogs killed some cat

Ugh. Look out in the backyard today, and I can see some animal laying in the kennel with my two dogs. Go out there and its a dead cat. Somebody's pet, as it had a collar on. Scooped it up with a shovel, threw it over the fence into the drainage ditch. I have no idea why it would ever go in there with them. My guess is that it thought it was being clever by walking along the top of the fence. Then they jumped up on the fence and caused it to sway.

The unlucky creature then fell off, landing on the death side of the fence, rather than the safe side which would have landed it in a concrete drainage ditch that runs alongside and behind my house. Any of yalls dogs ever kill your neighbor's cats? And if so what did you do? I ain't burying the fucking thing, it was bad enough I had to deal with it at all.
    WH

Why pitch it over in the ditch? Call animal control and have it disposed of properly. If it was your kids pet, you would want it done correctly. Just throwing it over in a ditch sounds like a great way to spread disease, IMO.

Comment

The buzzards'll eat it
      WH

Comment

Natural selection. Just wait for the lost posters.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Before my wife and I were married, she was telling me about a dog(pomeranian) that her mom had that wondered into the neighbor's yard. Well, the neighbor that lived next door was a police officer that happened to be a K9 unit. His dog was a German Shepard. That dog literally ate the Pomeranian. At the time they didn't know the dog had escaped let alone that it was eaten alive next door. The officer brought the collar over and explained what had happened, offered an apology and looked visibly upset. About a week later the same officer brought over a Pomeranian puppy which I thought was pretty classy given the situation.

In no way was the officer responsible for what had happened. If he hadn't told them what happened they may have never figured it out and would've been looking for a "lost dog". Or worse if he threw the bloody collar over into the yard and didn't talk to them....

Comment

Man,

My neighbor and his family fresh from India were upset about rabbits eating their garden, so they sprinkled rat poison everywhere in the garden.

The next week I find about 3-4 dead rabbits in my back yard when I let my dog out, she immediately runs over to one that is still alive and barely twitching and starts barking. Thank God she didn't immediately go for the throat

I did the same fucking thing, got a shovel and tossed them into his back yard, and then I went and knocked on his door and gave him an ear full. He has 3 kids so he immediately went out there and took care of the dead ones and had his wife go out in the garden with a vacuum and suck up all the rat poison

So if you know who's cat it is I would tell them you found it in the ditch behind the house.

Comment

That is a dick thing to do. If my cat went to someone's yard and got killed I would want to know. If I run over someone's pet and it has a collar, I am contacting the owner. If a dead pet is in my yard, same thing. If it was a stray, either calling animal control in case of disease, or buring it myself. That thing is going to smell aweful for a week behind your house. Enjoy that.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Find the owner and tell them that you ran off a coyote that was in the process of killing the cat and give them the chance to bury their pet. It disappearing and never coming back is more stressful then being able to have some closure by knowing it died.

Edit: What kind of dogs do you have? My dog grew up with cats and loves them but she is an aggressive animal and a big time hunter. I took her out one night on a "Bunny hunt" and she accidentally killed a feral cat. Normally she prances around with her kill in her mouth but she dropped the cat nearly instantly, tucked tail, and wanted to go home. When I got close enough to see what it was it was in the midst of taking its last breaths and died. I got a shovel and buried it where it fell. We both felt very bad about the deal.
                Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 07-30-2017, 09:26 AM.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

My dogs killed a cat a couple years ago.. it was about 5:30 am when we let them out and we immediately heard a scuffle.. I pulled the dogs off and got them inside and went to check on the cat. It was still alive but had been pounced on several times by a large lab mix so I knew it wouldn't last long as it could barely walk.. I went inside and left it alone to die and 5 min later it was dead.. put it in a shoebox and called animal control.. it wasn't a pet though, I have a neighbor a couple doors down that feeds stray cats and it was one of them..
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Can I borrow your dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      as it had a collar on.
                      Any tags?

Comment

Been there done that.... Next time either call animal control or put it in a trash bag and send it out with the trash.

We had an Akita when I was a kid, our neighbors cat would taunt him day and day. One morning I was getting ready for school and noticed Zeus wasn't at the door. Went out back and saw he wasn't there. I ran out front, turned to my left and my my neighbor in his robe, coffee in hand, crying. I asked him if everything was OK, and he said that zues had killed there cat "Lucy" right in front of him.

Lucy had fallen in our back yard and was able to escape under a small hole in the fence. We'll... Zues just plowed through the fence and ran her down, snapped her neck right in front of my neighbor while he was getting the paper.

Comment

I'm just curious if the dog owner would have any legal liability. I'd normally say no because the cat came into his yard but crazier things have happened.

Comment

When I was 8 my dad told the neighbors he would watch their house and 2 akita's while they were on vacation. He was lazy one day and told me to go do it and he would give me ten dollars.

He told me they could sense fear, and not to be scared of them, long story short the biggest one took a huge bite on my arm while I was opening the door to come in the house.

Father of the year

Comment

Bring your dogs inside, it's hot!

Comment

Working...
                              X