I'm down 8.5lbs so far with my diet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm down 8.5lbs so far with my diet.

Some coworkers and I started a competition to get fit three weeks ago. I'm tracking my calories and try to keep it at or under 1300 calories. That, and doing 40-80 minutes of cardio, 4 or 5 days a weeks is shedding about 3lbs/week. I started at 181lbs, and i'm wanting to get back under 160lbs. Once I reach that goal, I want to do more weights, and a little less cardio. It's been surprisingly easy so far. I just have to make sure I eat small meals and nutritious snacks throughout the day and I rarely feel hungry or tired.
    IMG_0424

congrats, i have no knowledge first hand about weight loss under the 200 lb range

i assume as you get closer to only 20 or so pounds left to lose it gets a lot harder

<-- always been fat

Comment

Man i could not live on 1300 calories a day.

Comment

yeah 1300 calories is really pushing the barrier of what's safe, anything under 1500 calories really isn't enough for even normal body functions to take place

Comment

Required calories is more a function of an individual...

Comment

wife's been on weight watchers for a few years now... she runs, cross trains, does yoga, etc. she's in better shape than when I met her!

I finally decided to give it a shot after watching her transformation, and I've been following the weight watchers guidelines for the past 3-4wks. I've lost 13lbs. Weight watchers doesn't count calories, and if you're doing it right, you'll never be hungry. It really focuses on eating quality foods.

1300 calories sounds like starvation to me
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

While it gives the illusion of not counting calories...when you break down break down the weight watchers formula you are simply controlling your caloric intake. It just gives the impression of counting an arbitrary number.

Comment

I know everyone is different.

With my work and that little amount of calories id never make it to the end of the week.

Congrats are in order. Any progress is progress.

Comment

I honestly cant explain why 1300 calories isn't kicking my ass. I'm a machinist so i'm on my feet all day, walking around and often lifting light and occasionally heavy loads so I also burn a few calories at work.

Here's what I ate today, it's a typical representation of my diet since I started...

Breakfast (145 calories)
                  Fat free yogurt
                  Carrots

Lunch (225 calories)
                  14 asparagus spears
                  black/pinto beans 1.5 cups

Afternoon snack (230 calories)
                  Mini baby bell light cheese
                  Met-rx protein bar

---40minute workout---

Dinner (616 calories)
                  Sandwich (chicken breast, portabello cap, 1tbsp part skim cheese, peppers, whole wheat french bread)
                  Muscle milk light 1.5 scoops

That is 1217 calories, and I was never starving at any point and my energy level was high.
                  IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    While it gives the illusion of not counting calories...when you break down break down the weight watchers formula you are simply controlling your caloric intake. It just gives the impression of counting an arbitrary number.
                    when you break down the weight watchers formula, it takes into consideration more than just calories... it weighs carbs, fat, and fiber...

yes, I realize that calories are a key component, but if you just consumed 1300 calories of sugar every day, that wouldn't be very healthy...

a lot of diets fail because people get hungry because they aren't eating right they give in to cravings because they're not getting something that their body needs.

I was just suggesting that the weight watchers formula is easy and works well... no hunger, no "can't eat this, can't eat that, etc." It's sustainable vs. a crash calorie deficiency

Comment

My sugar intake seems to be 35-45 grams/day. I suspect that is very low, but I have no idea what normal is.
                      IMG_0424

Comment

I try not to take in sugar anywhere but fresh fruit

Comment

Cooter...it appears I was off in what I perceived the diet as. I was thinking it only considered calories, fat, and fibre. Either way if it works it works.

And to the OP...congrats!!!!

Comment

yeah, I resisted for a while because it seemed girlie, but man, they've got that diet figured out pretty damn good! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              congrats, i have no knowledge first hand about weight loss under the 200 lb range

i assume as you get closer to only 20 or so pounds left to lose it gets a lot harder

<-- always been fat
                              Damn dude I couldn't have said it any better myself!! Lol!!

Congrats to the OP!!

Comment

Working...
                              X