Goofy build: "The Technical"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goofy build: "The Technical"

Well, me and some friends were sitting around drinking and bullshitting a few weeks back and one of us had a bright idea. What if we mounted a gun on my jeep for the purpose of driving around and spotlighting hogs, rabbits, armadillos, and whatever the hell else moves?

I thought that would be cool, but no way would I weld a pintle and whatnot on the roll bar of my stock 2003 Wrangler. Well we found a creative solution...

Apparently KNS makes an adapter that allows any gun with a picatinny rail to be attached to an MG42 AA tripod. Who would have thunk it? So I ordered the tripod, the adapter, and waited until the arrived. We spent a while fucking with the mount, and got a bit crazy with it-

And of course we mounted a glock on it-

Well we decided to test it out and see how sturdy it would be in the jeep. We spread the legs of the tripod and put the front leg inside the rear cup holder and used ratchet straps to steady the whole deal. End result was pretty damn funny-

So yeah, it mounted and of course we had to drive it around the block to make sure it was steady (with the gun completely unloaded mind you). With the initial test a success, and being the armchair commando that I am I have decided to build a unit for the purpose of using with the mount.

First up came the C Mag-

This was justifiable, I figured it would be fun to run on the bump stock anyway.

Next up is an upper with a heavy barrel, lo pro front gas block, and a quad rail to enable mounting. I will also put an eotech on it and 2 bigass surefire flashlights so that the gun will be its own spotlight. Something like this, but not with these spade grips-

Now this is the big step. Who wants to mount a gun and use a lame pistol grip? Well, here is the solution-

Yep, that is a crank fire Ar15 with spade grips. I figure this will be just plain fun to set up some targets throughout the lease, and then drive around and try to have the gunner shoot them, lol.

Anyways, yes I have gone crazy.
    Last edited by Moose242; 02-21-2011, 08:38 PM.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

You're a moron, but I can't say I don't think that's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      You're a moron, but I can't say I don't think that's awesome.
      Want to be the guinea pig? I promise ill drive kind of safe . As a bonus I will set up cardboard cutouts of Nickelback as targets on the property.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Want to be the guinea pig? I promise ill drive kind of safe . As a bonus I will set up cardboard cutouts of Nickelback as targets on the property.
        You do drive like an asshat, but I can't decline the opportunity to crankfire an AR-15 (lol) out of the back of a Jeep.

Comment

You do drive like an asshat, but I can't decline the opportunity to crankfire an AR-15 (lol) out of the back of a Jeep.

Schweet. Alternately my actual full auto mounts on the tripod, but it looks pretty dinky on the vehicle.

Comment

Schweet. Alternately my actual full auto mounts on the tripod, but it looks pretty dinky on the vehicle.
            The FN FAL?

Comment

The FN FAL?
              No dude, didnt you know I bought an actual MG?

Me with the MG-

Comment

The FN FAL?
                Prob the Mac. Edit-you beat me to it.

With as much as you've spent on that AR couldn't you have went the crank fire 1919 route? Still cool though, and I cant wait to get my pedestal in my jeep.
                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                  Prob the Mac. Edit-you beat me to it.

With as much as you've spent on that couldn't you have went the crank fire 1919 route? Still cool though, and I cant wait to get my pedestal in my jeep.
                  I really dont have much in the project as of now. The tripod and adapter were cheap, and the upper and grips will run me another $700 or so. I really would love a 1919, but the prices on them have skyrocketed lately.

Plus, your jeep = cooler and more appropriate to mount a gun on than mine, lol!

Comment

I really dont have much in the project as of now. The tripod and adapter were cheap, and the upper and grips will run me another $700 or so. I really would love a 1919, but the prices on them have skyrocketed lately.

Plus, your jeep = cooler and more appropriate to mount a gun on than mine, lol!
                    Neh, They'll all be fun if we have a group shoot
                    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                    sigpic

Comment

No dude, didnt you know I bought an actual MG?
                      Completely forgot about that.

Comment

Alex, I didnt know you had a wrangler..bastard. I want one so bad. I should never have sold my Willys.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          Alex, I didnt know you had a wrangler..bastard. I want one so bad. I should never have sold my Willys.
                          Lol, yeah its my daily driver. It was a jeep that some old couple towed behind their RV, so I got a smoking deal on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X