Great Advice from another thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Advice from another thread

I am not going to stir up old wounds by bringing up an old thread, but I do know that Bcoop asked for this particular quote found below.
    What the poster is referring to is an altercation that occurred at the gym between two members.
    This was posted by another forum member and I think we all can learn a lot from it...

Man, I can sum this up in one sentence! "YOU LET HIM RENT SPACE IN YOUR HEAD!" You let him controll your attitude, dictate the situation and now that's he's mind humped you, you have a mental STD you just can't shake.

Best advice I ever got..."Controll what you can and learn to live with the rest". What you can controll in EVERY situation is "YOU"! Ask yourself what could YOU have done differently. If it's all his fault then you just handed him all the power. He controlled you, he put you in a bad mood, he got you kicked out and you're his bitch! HOWEVER, if there is something you could have done, now you have options, you own your mood, you controll the outcome. For example: You get the first look: "Hey, Boss...am I in your way?" Now he has to deal with you directly. You say you're the nice guy in the gym? ...what would the nice guy do next if he said yes...or he said no? Either way, you showed you don't think you're the buff guy who owns the gym. You're the humble guy concerned you're in his way.

Let's say he's hell bent on sharring his bad attitued with you and you didn't see the first look. He walks up with "Big Brother". (They are just doing thier jobs, by the way.) "Yeah, I'll move it." or " No problem..I'm done." Hell, maybe even throw a "Sorry bro...didn't mean to block you." Now you're the nice guy and he's the dick in his head and the trainer possy! He miss judged you and now he knows it AND you feel better about yourself too! Didn't cost you anything, you controlled the situation and now the trainers are on your side too cause they are wondering why this tool didn't just ask you to back up...hell...you're a nice guy!

One more thing to chew on..."To the extreme, being right is small consolation when you're dead!" Maybe you were right and he was wrong...you still got kicked out, you most likely left a bad taste in the mouth of the trainers, he got to work out (while you did the walk of shame) unobstructed and feeling justified cause you blew up in his face like the dick he ASSumed you were.

Anyway...that's my take on it.

Thanks Justin. An admin had pm'd it to me last week, and I thought about posting it up, but Steve would have somehow turned it in to a bigger pissing match. Feel free to delete my thread, to clean up the crap in here. I've got it in a pm.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Word!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X