Mad Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Men

The mention of the show Bewitched and the drinking and smoking during pregnancy got me thinking about the most awesome show I've been watching.

I don't know how I missed this series but bought seasons 1-3 and almost felt the need to take vacation time and quit college to finish them!

Mad Men: Begins in 1960 and profiles the life of the men in charge of the advertising companies and campaigns. They went to GREAT lengths to shoot every scene with the accuracy of the time-year by year (products, decor, social genre)...so interesting.

"If you lay one finger on that girl, you're going to the special kind of hell."

I'll be in my bunk

Comment

I really enjoyed the first season, but I just haven't had time recently to watch more than that. So misogynistic it's painful, but that makes it pretty fucking compelling.

Comment

Christina Hendricks? Yes please, very much...

Never watched more than ten minutes of the show but really want to.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          Christina Hendricks? Yes please, very much...

Never watched more than ten minutes of the show but really want to.
          This. She is incredibly hot.

Comment

I've already called dibs on her, she goes for goofy looking guys anyways, I'm so in!

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              I've already called dibs on her, she goes for goofy looking guys anyways, I'm so in!
              Get lost, you already have your own redhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                Get lost, you already have your own redhead.
                Technically Christina is a blonde, and I don't like blondes, unless they're smart enough to convert to gingerness, so it makes it ok.

Comment

Mad Men is my favorite current show... greatness.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I've tried to watch it, just couldn't get in to it. It was too slow to develop I thought. There is a rather big following though. I do hope AMC keeps up this level of quality in their shows. Breaking Bad is one of the best shows on television. I thought Walking Dead was awesome as well.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Does anyone else still watch this? The final season return April 5th.

Comment

I've been watching but I don't know why.

Comment

Never could get into it. Which is weird because I love mid-century style and I'm in advertising, and Christina Hendrix is my style too, so you'd think I'd be the perfect audience.

I just find all of the characters to be despicable, rotten human beings that aren't fun to watch. That said, it's probably something I'll revisit in 10 years and I'll finally "get it". I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            Never could get into it. Which is weird because I love mid-century style and I'm in advertising, and Christina Hendrix is my style too, so you'd think I'd be the perfect audience.

I just find all of the characters to be despicable, rotten human beings that aren't fun to watch. That said, it's probably something I'll revisit in 10 years and I'll finally "get it". I dunno.
                            I feel like you are holding back a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              I feel like you are holding back a little.
                              I calls 'em likes I see's 'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X