Super Size Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Size Me

Finally got to see this. VERY interesting. I felt like a fucking idiot when he started asking people to define calorie and I realized I couldn't do it either.(I know you're not supposed to have a lot of them, I just didn't know what it actually meant!) I don't eat fast food much, but I have a feeling this will scale it back even more.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Finally got to see this. VERY interesting. I felt like a fucking idiot when he started asking people to define calorie and I realized I couldn't do it either.(I know you're not supposed to have a lot of them, I just didn't know what it actually meant!) I don't eat fast food much, but I have a feeling this will scale it back even more.
    Here's some perspective (if my math is right): I think a big mac alone has enough food energy to bring 2 gallons of water from room temperature just to boiling point.

Pretty revolting movie!
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
      Here's some perspective (if my math is right): I think a big mac alone has enough food energy to bring 2 gallons of water from room temperature just to boiling point.

Pretty revolting movie!

I can't believe he gained 25 pounds in 30 days! I bet he really felt like shit.

Comment

Old but good. I remember when that first came out my Dad was obsessed with it. He bought a bunch of copies and started handing them out to his friends.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Isn't a calorie defined by how much energy it takes to heat up like a mL of water by 1 degree celsius? It's something weird and vague like that.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

It was pretty eye opening. I found Food, Inc to be far worse on a personal level. I don't eat much fast food, but seeing the modification that takes place to everyday food really bothered me. I had serious reservations about eating anything for 3 weeks after I saw that. It also showed what cocksuckers large companies can be.

Comment

Pretty interesting. People should know better anyway, but it does a pretty good job of materializing the information we all already know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                It was pretty eye opening. I found Food, Inc to be far worse on a personal level. I don't eat much fast food, but seeing the modification that takes place to everyday food really bothered me. I had serious reservations about eating anything for 3 weeks after I saw that. It also showed what cocksuckers large companies can be.
                Food Inc. definitely changed the way I look at food. My eating and food purchasing habits have changed drastically since seeing that. I do everything I can to eat as little processed food as possible, although it's pretty difficult to do while I'm in school. I don't even try to find decent produce here in Waco because it doesn't really exist outside of the occasional farmer's market.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  Isn't a calorie defined by how much energy it takes to heat up like a mL of water by 1 degree celsius? It's something weird and vague like that.
                  It's not weird, or vague. It's a standard unit of measure, and yes, that's correct, except nutritional calories are actually equal to 1,000 regular calories, so your, "2,000 calorie diet," is actually 2,000,000 calories.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    Food Inc. definitely changed the way I look at food. My eating and food purchasing habits have changed drastically since seeing that. I do everything I can to eat as little processed food as possible, although it's pretty difficult to do while I'm in school. I don't even try to find decent produce here in Waco because it doesn't really exist outside of the occasional farmer's market.
                    HEB doesn't have reasonable produce?
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Im hungry for some big breasted chicken.

Comment

Pretty good movie. You should also watch Greg Benson's 'Super High Me'. It's interesting as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                          It presents some interesting ethical arguments. Monsanto could be the devil. I know they were working on seeds that wouldn't germinate without their fertilizer. I believe they also sell around 90% of all crop seeds in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                            Pretty good movie. You should also watch Greg Benson's 'Super High Me'. It's interesting as well.
                            Super High Me was hilarious. I don't think it's on Netflix anymore though.

Food, Inc was good as well. The one I still haven't seen, and want to, is The World According to Monsanto.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                              Doug Benson.

Comment

Working...
                              X