Anyone Change A Dryer Belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Change A Dryer Belt?

I think ours is about to break, dryer's squeeking like no tomarrow. I can't imagine it being that hard, just don't really know where I would buy a belt?
    It's an old Fridgidare, so it's probly due for one.

Anyone change their's or have it done? If so where did you buy the belt or how much was it for someone to come out?

Thanks!
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

OK, just incase someone does needs to know as well I found out how to change it. lol

So has anyone paid someone to come out and if so what's it cost?
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

What kind of dryer?

I had to put mine back on the other day. It is pretty straight forward. You will have to take the front of it off unless you like struggling and not being able to see what you're doing. It took me about 15 minutes to change mine.
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

An older Fridgidare.
        It's a great dryer so if I can just change the belt that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
          An older Fridgidare.
          It's a great dryer so if I can just change the belt that would be great.
          It should be a breeze then. You may or may not have to take the back off.

Open your lint tray and see if you can spot 2 screws - if you do, take those out.

From there you will need a screw driver and wedge it in between the front of your dryer where the top (the lid) meets the front (if that makes sense) but do it gently or you will scratch your paint.

It shouldn't take a whole lot of effort to push up but may be stubborn. From there, you will be able to see inside. Now depending on your model and type of dryer you may have another two screws on the inside along the sides. Take those off and you should be done.

When you take the face of the dryer off the dryer bin may drop a bit but that is fine.

I left out a few parts but what I mentioned is pretty much the meat and potatos of getting to the belt/motor.
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

we changed the belt on our drier. Was really easy. Got the belt off ebay

Comment

not sure if you fixed it yet. But if it is squeking it could be the rollers. either way both are easy to change.

Comment

Step #1...unplug 220V electrical supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                  Step #1...unplug 220V electrical supply.
                  I would hope that is obvious, but yeah, make sure you unplug it... lol

Comment

Like someone stated above it could be the belt or rollers sqeaking...either way not too bad
                    81 LX
                    82 GT

Comment

or a motor....Mine was the bushings out in it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        It should be a breeze then. You may or may not have to take the back off.

Open your lint tray and see if you can spot 2 screws - if you do, take those out.

From there you will need a screw driver and wedge it in between the front of your dryer where the top (the lid) meets the front (if that makes sense) but do it gently or you will scratch your paint.

It shouldn't take a whole lot of effort to push up but may be stubborn. From there, you will be able to see inside. Now depending on your model and type of dryer you may have another two screws on the inside along the sides. Take those off and you should be done.

When you take the face of the dryer off the dryer bin may drop a bit but that is fine.

I left out a few parts but what I mentioned is pretty much the meat and potatos of getting to the belt/motor.

Thanks, just need to run down to the Sears parts and repair place.

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                        not sure if you fixed it yet. But if it is squeking it could be the rollers. either way both are easy to change.
                        That's possible, cause it squeeks for about the first 3 min. or so then when it heats up the squeeking stops.

And LOL on unplugging it.
                        And I hope it's not the motor.

Comment

I got an extra couple of years out of my motor, drilled holes in the dust covers and oiled up the bushings.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok old thread but lpopped the top off and the belt looks great, gonna try and get to the rollers. It was squeeking bad today so I tryed to hear where exactly it was comeing from, I pushed on the backside about the middle and it stopped till I took my hand off.
                            Rollers?

Comment

I did one on earlier model. On this one you had to practically dismatle the entire unit including the side panels and remove the drum.
                              Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X