free-to-air sat receivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free-to-air sat receivers

so I've been out of the game for a while, what's happening with these things now? Which website has the best info? I had a good one bookmarked but that pc crashed and I hadn't been on there in forever.

Where to go for info?

Thanks

I just looked for my dad recently and we ended up buying this.

Buy KWorld SA295-Q DE External ATSC/QAM TVBox HDMI Edition with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

It does OTA and QAM (unscrambled digital cable signals). Works well

Comment

I was referring to something more along these lines

Comment

So with one of these receivers, you're able to have free satellite programming? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole concept of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
          So with one of these receivers, you're able to have free satellite programming? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole concept of this?
          Yes, that's the idea of it. A while back they changed the coding or something, and FTA went on hold for a while so everyone could decode the new receivers.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Yes, that's the idea of it. A while back they changed the coding or something, and FTA went on hold for a while so everyone could decode the new receivers.
            That's so awesome!!! LOL!

I saw the one site that said it was basically shut down until the courts make a decision, but the other site is still selling receivers. Are they usable if one were to buy them right now? Sorry for the stupid questions, but this is all new to me. Guess I need to do some research on them.

Nick

Comment

Yeah. There was a time that you could get all the Canadian satellite programming for free. It's all changed due to the format the signal is transmitted. That's basically what my initial question was regarding. It's changed enough and I've been so out of it that I don't really know where to start.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Direct and Dish have either hired or had the engineers arrested that used to decrypt their signals. You can still get one of the big ass dishes and get some free TV but the days of $79 tuners and free TV are pretty much over.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    Direct and Dish have either hired or had the engineers arrested that used to decrypt their signals. You can still get one of the big ass dishes and get some free TV but the days of $79 tuners and free TV are pretty much over.
                    I was starting to get the feeling this was the case. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                      I was starting to get the feeling this was the case. That sucks.
                      Plenty on online streaming sites out there for your bootleg viewing pleasure. That and torrents are alive and well. I pay for dish platinum myself though, for $130 or so it's not worth the headache.

Comment

Plenty on online streaming sites out there for your bootleg viewing pleasure. That and torrents are alive and well. I pay for dish platinum myself though, for $130 or so it's not worth the headache.
                        I was utilizing my FTA stuff for out of area sporting events and whatnot. I get all the movies and whatever else from the places you mentioned. I was hoping the market would be back up by now, it's been a while. Oh well. Maybe someday, hockey season isn't too far away.

Comment

I came to the same realization. Not worth the penalities/fines/jail time for any lame ass TV show or movie!

Comment

I threw away all my old viewsat boxes .. i havent kept up with it since 2009 since it went down.
                            Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                            Your opinion is what sucks.
                            You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
                              I came to the same realization. Not worth the penalities/fines/jail time for any lame ass TV show or movie!
                              Getting a cease and desist letter from HBO convinced me

Comment

Working...
                              X