Master Bathroom Remodel - Picture Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Bathroom Remodel - Picture Diary

I've been in this house for just over 2 yrs now and while I always knew I wanted to redo the master bath but never quite new how. It's my least favorite room of the house, but hoprefully that will change soon.
    The gf and I finally decided that a coastal cottage feel would be pretty badass.

The layout isnt' great, the shower BLOWS, etc, etc. Bad tile, dirty grout, a shower that will NOT come clean no matter what we do, zero light in the shower...

We're closing off one doorway, redoing all of the tile, new shower, painting, lighting, etc.

In the before shots, ignore the paint samples on the wall. We spent the last week or two picking out tile and paint and got a good deal of the painting done today. I'll keep updating this thread as we get more done.

Before:

Here are the two doorways. The one on the lefft will get framed in and the one on the right will get a real door.

View from the right doorway

View from the left doorway

Shower door, before

Shower before

Last edited by Strychnine; 02-26-2011, 04:23 PM.

Now the progress pics begin

Here's a shot of the general idea we're going with. Aquatic Green on the walls with white wainscoat paneling (will have baseboard trim and a chair rail), with these long 12x24 floor tiles

And the shower will get these. The rough random white stones will be the shower floor. The [faux] carrera marble will be the shower walls. Instead of an accent strip or something generic we will have full tiles (8"x12") of the blue glass randomly splashed in with the white wall tiles.

So, the painting started today

And now that there's color on the wall, here's the look we're going for (again, with baseboard trim and a chair rail on the white)

Stay tuned.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Should turn out very nice. Lmk if you need to borrow any tiling tools. I've got a wet saw, mortar mixer drill attachment, floats, spacers, mortar tools, etc.

Comment

goods good, my dad does the beadboard in all of the condos he builds to give that "island" feel to them. I think it looks great

Comment

Let me know if you need any help Matt. I used to do this stuff on a daily basis (tile work that is).
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Bout time!

Comment

Am I seeing that right? Do you not have doors to your bathroom?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Am I seeing that right? Do you not have doors to your bathroom?
                  Reason #1823 to remodel it.

Comment

it's interesting how tastes differ... I don't like having doors to the master bath
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      it's interesting how tastes differ... I don't like having doors to the master bath
                      me either....just windows to peek in

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

lol, my favorite master suite I've ever seen in a house didn't have a door between the bath and bedroom, and the wall between them didn't go all the way to the ceiling... there was about a 2ft gap between the top of the wall and the ceiling.

granted, it was in Santa Fe, so moisture was an absolute non-issue, but I loved the open feel of it
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          lol, my favorite master suite I've ever seen in a house didn't have a door between the bath and bedroom, and the wall between them didn't go all the way to the ceiling... there was about a 2ft gap between the top of the wall and the ceiling.

granted, it was in Santa Fe, so moisture was an absolute non-issue, but I loved the open feel of it
                          I just feel I have to have a seperation between a room and a bathroom. I dunno, maybe it is just the way I have always lived. I would feel weird shitting in an "open" space.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            I just feel I have to have a seperation between a room and a bathroom. I dunno, maybe it is just the way I have always lived. I would feel weird shitting in an "open" space.
                            It would be all ackward, like using the toilet in prison. You are sitting there taking a giant dump from eating at Pancho's, one of those ones where you break out in a sweat and your guts are contracting... and someone just walks by? What? FUCK THAT!
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

or if you're trying to sleep in, and your chick is in the bathroom with the light on making noise.

Close the damn door woman!

Comment

Working...
                              X