True Protein review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Protein review

So I got my True Protein custom protein powder in, and I have to say, next round, i'm gonna have to experiment with the quantities of mix/add ins.

I went with 90% soy or hemp, 10% Amino Acids, and flavoring, boy the smell is rough, and mixed with just water or just almond milk, it's pretty tough.

But today I made the following, and it was pretty good, may need a blender though to take care of any left over powder, as the blender ball just didn't cut it.

1 scoop Orange/Cream Soy protein
    8oz vanilla unsweetened almond milk
    6oz 100% orange juice

Had an almost Orange Julius taste, and would probably be awesome with ice and a blender

Thank you for the post and review!
    The protein profile looked great, but I was wondering how it would taste.
    Keep us posted on some of the flavorings/combos that you like please.
    Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 02-28-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

oh yeah, and the hemp protein, yeah it's green

Comment

why the soy protein? i thought whey was the more beneficial protein for muscles?
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
          why the soy protein? i thought whey was the more beneficial protein for muscles?
          Absolutely not. whey is dairy, so is caesin.

Protein is protein, the only difference between animal and vegetable proteins are the essential amino acids contained in them, but by adding whole grains to vegetable proteins, you get the same complex proteins.

The most optimal protein for human consumption which contains all of the essentail amino acids and everything the human body needs.... is human flesh. But we're not canibals.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            Absolutely not. whey is dairy, so is caesin.

Protein is protein, the only difference between animal and vegetable proteins are the essential amino acids contained in them, but by adding whole grains to vegetable proteins, you get the same complex proteins.

The most optimal protein for human consumption which contains all of the essentail amino acids and everything the human body needs.... is human flesh. But we're not canibals.
            gotcha. so this blend you have is better than Optimum Nutrition's Gold standard?

i like ON cause it's one of the only ones i can stand to drink.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
              gotcha. so this blend you have is better than Optimum Nutrition's Gold standard?

i like ON cause it's one of the only ones i can stand to drink.
              It doesn't contain anywhere near the stuff in it that ON does.

It's just Soy Protein, flavor, and BCAAs - no multivitamins, so extra sugar, no additional anything.

It doesn't taste awesome by itself.

Comment

Have you tried Myofusion or perhaps Xtreme Formulations?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  It doesn't contain anywhere near the stuff in it that ON does.

It's just Soy Protein, flavor, and BCAAs - no multivitamins, so extra sugar, no additional anything.

It doesn't taste awesome by itself.
                  What is included in the "flavoring"?
                  Does it have a breakdown of the ingredients as well(I'm curious about the sweetener)?

Comment

I might give this stuff a try! This is sounds like Energy I need in a cup which goes down fast
                    GOD BLESS TEXAS
                    August Landscaping
                    214-779-7278
                    Seb's high class.
                    He'll mow your grass.
                    He'll kick your ass.
                    And while his kidney stones pass,
                    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                      What is included in the "flavoring"?
                      Does it have a breakdown of the ingredients as well(I'm curious about the sweetener)?
                      It is presweetened, I need to find out what's exactly in it, but let me say it's not very flavored, or very sweet

I'm assuming it's sucralose.

Again my main reason for trying this was to avoid dairy and eggs in my diet. So it's not for everyone (soy/hemp protein), but they have everything on the site.

And for the price, unless like me you just need a special blend, everything Greg sells is still a better deal.

I was drinking Syntha-6 strawberry and cookies and cream with almond milk before i cut out dairy.

Comment

Have you tried Myofusion or perhaps Xtreme Formulations?
                        XF is ok, nothing to brag about..

XF is soooo good!!!! I'm trying to tell everyone its not so great and expensive so the ones knows about it can keep buying it at decent price and doesn't run out as quick..

Comment

Xf is a crap ton better than On.

I could drink the on cookies and cream, but hated the after taste. I can actually drink xf.

Comment

Originally posted by xYoung347x View Post
                            XF is ok, nothing to brag about..

XF is soooo good!!!! I'm trying to tell everyone its not so great and expensive so the ones knows about it can keep buying it at decent price and doesn't run out as quick..
                            Haha, I hear ya, nice strategy!
                            I've got about 14lbs of it, so I'm good to go for a month or two.
                            I'm about to fix me up some oats and XF cinnamon roll before I crash out for the night.
                            I'm hoping for a good 10hrs of sleep tonight so my body can recoup.

Comment

Haha, I hear ya, nice strategy!
                              I've got about 14lbs of it, so I'm good to go for a month or two.
                              I'm about to fix me up some oats and XF cinnamon roll before I crash out for the night.
                              I'm hoping for a good 10hrs of sleep tonight so my body can recoup.
                              Have you tried it with XF PB and oats? Try it if you haven't. Let me know what you think..

Comment

Working...
                              X