Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About how much electricity bill for a 750sq' apartment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About how much electricity bill for a 750sq' apartment?

A friend of ours is routinely seeing $90 - $150 in electric bills in her small 1 bedroom apartment. Its 2nd floor, no vaulted ceilings, no west facing walls, and she has been really careful to turn off lights and not run heat or air any more than she has to. Her rate is 11 cents fixed and she hit 1400kwh last month (heating mostly i'm sure.)

Does this sound reasonable? Sounds kinda high to me.

If she used 1400 kWh at a rate of $.11 per kWh, I'd say about $150 is accurate.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Sounds high as fuck.

Comment

She needs to buy batteries.

Comment

Mine was $45 last month for an 850 sqf apartment, has vaulted ceilings, 1st floor. My rate is .08 kwh.

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
            If she used 1400 kWh at a rate of $.11 per kWh, I'd say about $150 is accurate.
            Yeah, but I mean the kwh usage seems high to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
              Mine was $45 last month for an 850 sqf apartment, has vaulted ceilings, 1st floor. My rate is .08 kwh.
              who in the hell do you have .08 kwh with?
              "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                A friend of ours is routinely seeing $90 - $150 in electric bills in her small 1 bedroom apartment. Its 2nd floor, no vaulted ceilings, no west facing walls, and she has been really careful to turn off lights and not run heat or air any more than she has to. Her rate is 11 cents fixed and she hit 1400kwh last month (heating mostly i'm sure.)

Does this sound reasonable? Sounds kinda high to me.
                The highest I've seen it was $180 for my similarly sized place... same setup too. Otherwise it's usually 80-130. I think a lot of it has to do with shitty heat/cool retention and little to no insulation. They put some weather stripping on the front door recently though.. lol.

Comment

Yeah that's about what mine was for the same sized place. Sucks man, gotta have electricity though, what are you gonna do be amish?
                  Originally posted by Nash B.
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I dont pay over 100 a month for a 1400sq ft Apt here

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                      We have .08 with YEP.

Comment

i lived in a 1300sqft 2 bedroom apt on the top floor(4th) with vaulted ceilings, back of the apt facing the west and the highest bill we had was 165 and that was the hottest part of the summer

Comment

On what temperature is the heat set? With all the cold weather mine ended up being more expensive the last two months than it was all summer (electric heat).
                          Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                          Power to Choose is the official, unbiased, electric choice website of the Public Utility Commission of Texas, where all certified electric providers in the State of Texas are eligible to post their electric plans. On the Power to Choose website you can compare electric offers and choose the plan that's right for you.

Comment

Depends on the apartment. I have lived in nice apartments that were built like shit as far as energy efficiency goes with small low seer units running constantly in the winter and summer.

Comment

My bill last month was the highest it has been in the year I have lived in my house. 1700 sq ft and it was $190. The summer time at 75 degrees all day and a bit lower at night usually yielded a $120 electricity bill. I was pissed to see $190 though. I don't know my rate as it is not fixed and I am through a co-op.
                              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                              X