Anti-aromatase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-aromatase

Now with many companies having recalled their products containing ATD, is there anything still available OTC that is still effective and reasonably priced?

No. Take arimidex .25mg a day and or tamoxifen.

You can always take vitamin b6 and eliminate caffeine. Look up dosage for b6.

Comment

ATD is still around if that's what you're wanting.

Look at Transform ATD and SNS Inhibit-E, both cheaper anyway.
      www.LockoutSupplements.com
      discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

Originally posted by ducpanda11 View Post
        No. Take arimidex .25mg a day and or tamoxifen.

You can always take vitamin b6 and eliminate caffeine. Look up dosage for b6.
        Arimidex is not a good aromatase inhibitor for men. Stick with aromasin. Arimidex is a weak inhibitor of E2(it's strength is inhibiting E1 in women. Not well suited for men). It's also a competitive inhibitor (not a suicide inhibitor) so you'll get a rebound when you come off or need a higher dose. Aromasin is a much better solution. It binds to the aromatase and kills it. So there is no rebound and stops more E2 production.

Arimidex is a competitive inhibitor so it competes for the binding site of the enzyme with testosterone and blocks it from getting converted to estrogen. It's not very good at it, but that's what it does. So the enzyme is still present in large numbers because your body overcompensates. When you stop the Arimidex the blockade is gone and the E2 levels soar. That is why suicide inhibitors like aromasin are preferred.

When it comes to this comparison its more about type of estrogen suppression as opposed to "strength". Arimidex is a VERY potent sulfatase inhibitor, which inhibits estrone. It is a moderately strong aromatase inhibitor (weak as compared to aromasin, AIFM or letrozole). This is fine for women with breast cancer who produce percentage wise very high levels of estrone (the weak estrogen), which can be converted to estradiol (the strong estrogen) via aromatase.

For men this is generally not very good, especially for men on TRT since sulfatase inhibitors have very little effect on exogenous testosterone. Actually its generally not a good thing since it nearly completely eliminates estrone, while still allowing estradiol. If you have a choice as a man, you want estrone (weak estrogen) with near total elimination of estradiol (strong). AIFM and aromasin do inhibit sulfatase, though to a lesser extent than the competitive inhibitors (dex and letro). They are both potent aromatase inhibitors and highly suppress estradiol. Since exogenous test converts to estradiol via aromatase, AIFM and aromasin are much better suited.

Lowest doses of letrozole completely suppresses glandular production of estrone(E1). while it generally takes higher end doses of exemestane (aromasin) to come close to doing this. Exemestane dose dependantly decreases estradiol and to a lesser extent estrone. Basically aromasin at low doses is mostly peripheral, which means blocking conversion of estrone, testosterone and other aromatic precursors to estradiol. Whereas because they are competitive inhibitors that have high permeability through tissue types, arimidex and letrozole have high affinity and saturation of tissues like testes and adrenals, where estrone is produced. They highly block synthesis of aromatase in those tissues at even lowest doses.

Tamoxifen isnt even an aromatase inhibitor, so why are you even bringing it up?

To the OP, AIFM is a good choice for an OTC AI.

Get it here...it's a spray.

Comment

That aifm is a transdermal right? I was confused and mentioned tamox because I thought an anti-e. Great advice, the only thing i would add is that letro is really powerful and can really shut an individual down and it adds some lethargy to ones routine if overdosed.

Comment

Originally posted by ducpanda11 View Post
            That aifm is a transdermal right? I was confused and mentioned tamox because I thought an anti-e. Great advice, the only thing i would add is that letro is really powerful and can really shut an individual down and it adds some lethargy to ones routine if overdosed.
            Yup, transdermal. Works great.

I wouldnt use letro unless I had gyno. Its too effective to use as a daily AI.

Comment

Thanks for the options guys!

Comment

Working...
              X