RCBS rock chucker kit 280 w/ 50 rebate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCBS rock chucker kit 280 w/ 50 rebate

I just ordered my complete rock chucker master kit from Natchez shooters supply. It was the best price I've found at 280, and the shipping rate was good for a 35 pound box.

If you buy 300 worth of RCBS gear right now they are offering a 50 factory rebate too. I got some shell holders and dies to get over 300.

I'll be loading my own Garand, 1911 and AR ammo soon.

Now if I can just get CJ to trade MD some education for the spare ammo and parts I have.

I just ordered the Lee Loading kit from Cabelas for $104.99. Figured I'd use it to break my way into reloading. Maybe get some tips from CJ along the way. I figured it wasn't a bad price to start learning. Let me know how the rock crusher works for you.

Comment

I thought long and hard about starting with a Lee kit myself. Reading about the RCBS having the best powder dispenser and the kit coming with a hand priming tool were huge in my decision. I also think the RCBS has a pretty good balance scale. I didn't want an electric.

And the rebate and low price were the factors that made the decision even easier.

I'm sure you are going to do just fine with the Lee kit.

I'll be starting loading 30-06 for my Garand. You?

Comment

Well I'll be trying a lot actually. .40 .357sig .223 and 9mm. I figured I'd try and get the basics down before I go all advanced. Still trying to learn and understand powder things.

Comment

its stupid easy man. You just have to pay attention. Once you start a step do not leave until you are done. Id say 99.9% of accidents in reloading happen from lack of attention.

Someone talks to you and you forget to drop powder in a shell. This could be bad.

Read the book that comes with the kit. You might want to run a dryer sheet and some graphite in the uniflow to get the static out.

Welcome to the club.

Comment

I reload with my rock chucker all the time, I enjoy the simplicity of a single stage. If any of you guys want some hands-on lessons let me know, I reload all the time.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              its stupid easy man. You just have to pay attention. Once you start a step do not leave until you are done. Id say 99.9% of accidents in reloading happen from lack of attention.

Someone talks to you and you forget to drop powder in a shell. This could be bad.

Read the book that comes with the kit. You might want to run a dryer sheet and some graphite in the uniflow to get the static out.

Welcome to the club.
              I'll read everything it comes with for sure. But it is also a lot of material to take in at once when i don't have the parts in front of me to see. Maybe it's all the diff powder numbers, and what to use with what. And how much to use. Some people here at work said the fun part is experimenting. Not sure exactly what that means.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              I reload with my rock chucker all the time, I enjoy the simplicity of a single stage. If any of you guys want some hands-on lessons let me know, I reload all the time.
              I'll be in for that the next time you need some help. Or don't mind showing me some things. I've been watching videos left and right on youtube to where i dream of reloading lol. And i don't even have my equipment yet.

Comment

GSXRK5, post up what ya think when you get started. To me it seems like once you have confidence it'll be therapeutic - like mowing the lawn or building something.

Just play that one song with the cash register sounds at the beginning...can't remember...and working at the coal mine...
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  GSXRK5, post up what ya think when you get started. To me it seems like once you have confidence it'll be therapeutic - like mowing the lawn or building something.

Just play that one song with the cash register sounds at the beginning...can't remember...and working at the coal mine...
                  Pink floyd - Money?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                    Pink floyd - Money?
                    *nod* I like to listen to that song when doing tasks like this...
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

lol i don't know what i'll be listening to. Gotta get the GF to leave me alone long enough to get it done. And i bet as i'm learning she'll be right there wanting to learn as well. She's like i wanna learn how to reload my duty weapon. So i'm sure i'll be hearing about gossip while we're both reloading.

Comment

I'm going to single stage some .44 mag tonight if you're interested.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          I'm going to single stage some .44 mag tonight if you're interested.
                          Around what time?

Comment

You guys really got me thinking of reloading again. Don't ever shoot because of the price. The hornady lock and load progressive is $400 and 500 free bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              You guys really got me thinking of reloading again. Don't ever shoot because of the price. The hornady lock and load progressive is $400 and 500 free bullets.
                              Id recommend a dillon over a L&L

Comment

Working...
                              X