I have a place to work again soon!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a place to work again soon!!!

Last Fall I torn down my old shop to get ready to build a bigger and new and improved one. There have been lots of setbacks but we finally broke ground a week ago and as of last night I already have concrete. Its going to be sweet. 40 steps from my back door and I can walk into a 42 x 50 garage.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
    54 Olds 88 2dr HT
    12 Camaro SS convertible

54 Olds 88 2dr HT
    12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Awesome... costs?

Comment

By the time it wired and plumbed for air lines it's going to be in the 44K range. That includes about 1600sf of driveway and parking.
        Last edited by gearhead78; 03-12-2011, 09:47 AM.

54 Olds 88 2dr HT
        12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Wow - a 2100sq ft climate controlled garage. Mine is about 2000 sqft but smaller footprint with a loft. No ducting run for AC. The loft would be an ideal media room but does have three dormer windows.

Is that an engineered foundation?
          Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

thats going to be nice! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by miketyler View Post
              Wow - a 2100sq ft climate controlled garage. Mine is about 2000 sqft but smaller footprint with a loft. No ducting run for AC. The loft would be an ideal media room but does have three dormer windows.

Is that an engineered foundation?
              No climate control I just fans to keep the air moving in the heat of the summer. By air I ment air compressor.

Not an engineered foundation. I didn't have to because I am no in any city limits. It an additional 5-6" sitting on top the old slab from the 24 x 36 I used to have. They dug beams directly around the old slab and footers around the perimeter.

I am using **************** I don't know if he gets on here but he was recommended to me from a couple different racers when everyone was still on the old board. I talked with a lot of contractors and felt the most comfortable with him. The fact that he is a racer and car guy himself also helped sway my thoughts toward him.

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              thats going to be nice! Congratulations!
              Thanks I am so ready to get something going again.
              Last edited by gearhead78; 07-23-2011, 09:22 PM.

54 Olds 88 2dr HT
              12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead78 View Post
                No climate control I just fans to keep the air moving in the heat of the summer. By air I ment air compressor.

Not an engineered foundation. I didn't have to because I am no in any city limits. It an additional 5-6" sitting on top the old slab from the 24 x 36 I used to have. They dug beams directly around the old slab and footers around the perimeter.

I am using Shawn Wilhoit of Custom Etc. I don't know if he gets on here but he was recommended to me from a couple different racers when everyone was still on the old board. I talked with a lot of contractors and felt the most comfortable with him. The fact that he is a racer and car guy himself also helped sway my thoughts toward him.

Thanks I am so ready to get something going again.
                What are you going to build next? I really liked your cutlass

Comment

For now just going to work on some other peoples stuff and flip a car every now and then. Once I recover from all this and have some money in my pocket again the next thing I think I want to build is a 53 or 54 Olds 2dr hardtop into a mild custom cruiser. I also want a quick car again and would like to come up with some sort of street strip car. Nothing crazy but something I can cruise to Kellers and still run mid to high six's at the track.

They made some progress in the last few days.

54 Olds 88 2dr HT
                  12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

If you were not required to even have an engineered foundation, why did you make it so damn thick? Are you expecting some dump trucks or class 8 trucks to be in your shop? Just seems like major overkill. What it is, 24"?

Comment

Slab is about 5 1/2" think. Only the footers and beams are deeper

54 Olds 88 2dr HT
                      12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Is that a weld up kit?
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                          Is that a weld up kit?
                          Its not a kit but it is being welded.

54 Olds 88 2dr HT
                          12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

That is going to be great! Insulate the crap out of it and add HVAC.

Comment

Man, I really wish I could afford to do something like this at my house. I am extremely jealous!

Comment

Working...
                              X