empire carpet good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• empire carpet good or bad?

I have 2 rooms left to carpet. Anyone ever used empire? They have a special going on right now buy one room and get 2 rooms free. Right now I only need to get one room done but if I can get the other one done free might not be a bad buy. Maybe even try to get then to do a bathroom for the third room.

So any feedback on this company. I will look them up online once I get home tonight from work.

We called them out for flooring estimates and not only was the salesman a real DB, but the prices weren't that great. YMMV

Comment

x2
      ridiculous prices

Comment

x3 on shitty prices, they wanted 4k to do wood floor in 1room and a small hallway

Originally posted by DOHCTR
        You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Oddly enough I just used Empire to get another estimate on my hardwood install last night.

I'm a sales guy so I can respect all that stuff, but the guy came across very "used car salesman".

Empire came in double, yes DOUBLE, what my other two quotes are.

Here's how the quote process went...
          "Well usually you're going pay around $17,000 for a job like this, but since we're a wearhouse you get that discount so that takes it down to $14,000 and since you are paying cash we can knock it down another 2% and since you are doing this soon.... let me call my manager and see what he can do for you. Manager knocks off $1,000.

I let him know two very reputable companies can do it for half his cost with all the same benefits and that we were done with this meeting.

Comment

Same as everyone said above. They are high priced but have a spiffy ad that brings in the business.

We used a local flooring company that was having a grand opening sale and got a much better deal.

Comment

Thanks guys. Prolly won't be using them looks like. I might still get my quote. They are suppose to come out in a few weeks

Comment

I heard from a friend they don't do that great of a job. But that is word of mouth, haven't seen for myself.

Comment

Same here on the price. We had an estimate done last week and that shit was a zillion dollars. I asked the flooring company we use here at work, he quoted it for a fraction of the price. And they call over and over for a survey, back to back, never leave a message, and keep calling.

Comment

Yeah, as mentioned, fuck Empire. They are really only good for one thing, needing flooring done ASAP if you absolutely can not wait. other than that, pass...

Comment

can yall post up the contac numbers yall used? we need some flooring done at our house, thanks

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                        can yall post up the contac numbers yall used? we need some flooring done at our house, thanks
                        Mr. G's Flooring- 817-834-1967. Ask for Ken

Comment

One of my clients, is in sales for his familys company CC carpets and I'm willing to bet he can get you hooked up pretty cheap. His name is Robbie 972-795-9484 and tell him Christian at VW sent ya.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

LOL everything here is spot on. I just had Empire come out today to quote me on Laminate and carpet or all carpet.

For 665 Sq Ft of laminate / 754 Sq ft of Carpet installed= $12,841

"60% sale" + "oh your not interested and going to be other quotes" + "let me talk with my manager getting "incredible" pricing." = $8,200.00

They are insanely expensive and only good if you need if done the next day as people have said here.
                            WRX

Comment

Holy shit I can not believe the prices you guys are saying for Empire. I really had no clue they were that outrageous. Who the hell would EVER use them? I have had an entire house (1800 sq ft) carpeted for a few hundred. WTF Empire???

Comment

Working...
                              X