No announcement yet.

Revolution driving school...2nd event!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolution driving school...2nd event!

Well, last weekend was an awesome event as we took the show on the road for our inaugaral event at Harris Hill Road Course in San Marcos. Everyone left with HUGE smiles.

On to our second event at MSR Houston on April 2nd and 3rd. If we can get 10 DFWM.net members to sign up and pay, I will knock the price down to $250 for the weekend. Lemons teams, contact us to discuss multiple drivers so we can make sure you get into the correct run group.

www.rpmschool.net Then follow links to clubregistration.net to pay. First paid, gets first slots.

If you EVER wanted to know what it's like on a road course, this is the event for you. Instructors are included in all green and blue groups. There is classroom instruction as well. Don't miss out. Put this on the list of MUST DO's of your life.

PM me with questions. Stock Mustangs and Camaros are PERFECT track day cars!

Thanks!

Matt

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
    Well, last weekend was an awesome event as we took the show on the road for our inaugaral event at Harris Hill Road Course in San Marcos. Everyone left with HUGE smiles.

On to our second event at MSR Houston on April 2nd and 3rd. If we can get 10 DFWM.net members to sign up and pay, I will knock the price down to $250 for the weekend. Lemons teams, contact us to discuss multiple drivers so we can make sure you get into the correct run group.

www.rpmschool.net Then follow links to clubregistration.net to pay. First paid, gets first slots.

If you EVER wanted to know what it's like on a road course, this is the event for you. Instructors are included in all green and blue groups. There is classroom instruction as well. Don't miss out. Put this on the list of MUST DO's of your life.

PM me with questions. Stock Mustangs and Camaros are PERFECT track day cars!

Thanks!

Matt
    I'm interested, but it looks like it may be October before we can get some free time.

PM me details on how this whole deal works, if you dont mind.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'd love to do this, but I'm not so sure how I feel about eating up a set of tires right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        I'd love to do this, but I'm not so sure how I feel about eating up a set of tires right now.
        You wont see a difference in the wear on your tires.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          You wont see a difference in the wear on your tires.
          Really now? I was going to ask what the wear is like on a set of street tires, but I just assumed it'd chew them up pretty good.

Comment

Really now? I was going to ask what the wear is like on a set of street tires, but I just assumed it'd chew them up pretty good.
            ill put it this way, we race on very soft street tires, for 16 hours per race, and run 3-5 rsaces on a set.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              ill put it this way, we race on very soft street tires, for 16 hours per race, and run 3-5 rsaces on a set.
              Well shit! My only concern is that I'd be out there in my daily and it would be a lot less affordable for me if a day out at the track was going to cause an appreciable amount of degradation. If not, I'll have to look into this for the near future.

Comment

Sack up, Bradley.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  Sack up, Bradley.
                  Pay up, Yaleski.

Comment

Good luck Matt! Wish I could sign up as +1. Just not in the cards right now. Link to the road course in San Marcos?
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Would be fun in my 2011 gt.
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Pay up, Yaleski.
                        No way. I gotta save up for a C5.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          No way. I gotta save up for a C5.

Comment

You jelly?

Comment

Sorry I haven't responded earlier guys but for some reason I wasn't getting notices of replies.

Unless you are doing something outright dumb, wear on the tires and brakes is pretty minimal at your first few events. As you gain speed and move your way up into the faster groups, tire wear will start to be noticeable but by then, you will have the bug and not care!

Stock mustangs and camaros do just fine. If you have more than 50k miles on the car, check the brakes are above 40% life and the fluid is well flushed with decent Dot4 fluid. Beyond that, remove the floor mat on the driver side, remove the radar detector and anything lose in the car and show up with an M2005 or SA2005 helmet and you are going to have a blast.

Darren.....really? aren't you the guy constantly posting "google it here" links?! LOL!!!!

Most of the info is on our website in the rules and questions area. If there is anything specific, PM me here.

Seriously, sign up and I will do my best to make sure you have a great time out on track! I make the instructor assignments and will pair you up according to car type and can answer questions. If not, find me and I will get you pointed in the right direction.

Once you go track, you won't go back!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X