this E85 tune from HPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this E85 tune from HPP

So last night I got to take my car out and "play" w/ a couple of my friends cars.. when I ran the 1/4 last year all i had was a CAI and a tune on 91 pump and ran a 12.5@ 114 w/ 392whp. But the highlight lastnight was pulling on my buddies 12.0 2011 5.0 automatic premium.. his mods:

Steeda CAI
    4.10 gears
    BBR 3" o/r x pipe
    91oct tune
    mac axel backs
    3500 stall

my mods (6spd manual base GT w/ 3.31 gears):
    Airaid CAI
    Kooks axel backs
    E85 tune from Manny@ HPP

I know at the dragstrip from a dead stop he would kill me out of the hole, but he couldnt leave me from a roll w/ me in 2nd or 3rd gear.. in fact I pulled him about a car both races. I was VERY happy w/ the way this tune and car perform on the E85.. now hurry up and get that idle lope figured out !! lol anyways, thanks guys for the great spot on tune.. LOTS of people couldnt believe my car pulled like that.. I was shifting at 7k. Boss Intake to come soon for 7500 rpm shifting!

We were on the hwy so my 3.31 gears helped out to vs his 4.10's. I bought a set of FMS 4.10's but have since decided that Im wanting to run 3.90's since I plan on running the Boss intake. Only 2 of my friends know I running the corn.. this friend didnt know.. I have been telling him he should run the corn to break into the 11's N/A and he wont run it. Im pretty sure he is thinking about it more now.. LOL

Originally posted by RSKtakR View Post
    So last night I got to take my car out and "play" w/ a couple of my friends cars.. when I ran the 1/4 last year all i had was a CAI and a tune on 91 pump and ran a 12.5@ 114 w/ 392whp. But the highlight lastnight was pulling on my buddies 12.0 2011 5.0 automatic premium.. his mods:

Steeda CAI
    4.10 gears
    BBR 3" o/r x pipe
    91oct tune
    mac axel backs
    3500 stall

my mods (6spd manual base GT w/ 3.31 gears):
    Airaid CAI
    Kooks axel backs
    E85 tune from Manny@ HPP

I know at the dragstrip from a dead stop he would kill me out of the hole, but he couldnt leave me from a roll w/ me in 2nd or 3rd gear.. in fact I pulled him about a car both races. I was VERY happy w/ the way this tune and car perform on the E85.. now hurry up and get that idle lope figured out !! lol anyways, thanks guys for the great spot on tune.. LOTS of people couldnt believe my car pulled like that.. I was shifting at 7k. Boss Intake to come soon for 7500 rpm shifting!

We were on the hwy so my 3.31 gears helped out to vs his 4.10's. I bought a set of FMS 4.10's but have since decided that Im wanting to run 3.90's since I plan on running the Boss intake. Only 2 of my friends know I running the corn.. this friend didnt know.. I have been telling him he should run the corn to break into the 11's N/A and he wont run it. Im pretty sure he is thinking about it more now.. LOL
    i'm starting to like this corn stuff too now.

Comment

Is E85 just for FI cars or can any car run on E85?

Comment

Anyone but the FI benefit the most from it.
        00 GT
        Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Can you run regular fuel as well?

Comment

You can, if the computer is able to determine the specific gravity of the fuel - IE, how much ethanol is in the fuel. Ford did this from the factory on all its "FlexFuel" vehicles.

A carb'd car would need to be rejetted and (probably) have the timing reset when swapping between fuels. It takes a lot more E85 to run at stoich.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              You can, if the computer is able to determine the specific gravity of the fuel - IE, how much ethanol is in the fuel. Ford did this from the factory on all its "FlexFuel" vehicles.

A carb'd car would need to be rejetted and (probably) have the timing reset when swapping between fuels. It takes a lot more E85 to run at stoich.
              I believe carb'd cars need more than just a simple rejet. They make carburetors specifically for E85. If it were available were I lived I would make the switch.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                I believe carb'd cars need more than just a simple rejet. They make carburetors specifically for E85. If it were available were I lived I would make the switch.
                I just get drums sent to my house for $170 for 55gallons

Comment

Good info--

theturboforums.com along with Steve Cole Enterprises Inc (username: Karl Hungus) has completed some preliminary testing with the environmentally...

TheTurboForums.com / Turbomustangs.com along with Steve Cole Enterprises Inc (username: Karl Hungus) has completed some preliminary testing with the...

Ded

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                    Bigger bowls, jets, squirts and power valves.
                    True Street MotorSports
                    901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                    McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                    Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                      I just get drums sent to my house for $170 for 55gallons
                      What's the process for this? Im interested.
                      00 GT
                      Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Originally posted by 4pnt6 View Post
                        What's the process for this? Im interested.
                        x2

Comment

x3!

Comment

9726442533. Just set it up to deliver to your house. I bought a pump for it from them for like $25. Plus tax. And I tipped the driver a little.

Very nice guys, although they try to talk you into alternative oils all the time lol

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                              9726442533. Just set it up to deliver to your house. I bought a pump for it from them for like $25. Plus tax. And I tipped the driver a little.

Very nice guys, although they try to talk you into alternative oils all the time lol
                              Now I am Interested!
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                              X