Center chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center chest

I need help on my center chest. What is a good center/lower chest exercise? Inverted flies? Dips? Im currently 5'9" 205lbs. I norm workout 4 sets, min 8 reps with 240ish bench but due to no partner, I limit myself. My upper chest is decent for my size IMO but i feel that my lower chest just doesn't have the fill I would like.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

From what I remember in my conditioning class, my instructor was telling me that there really isn't a good way to work your lower chest. Some people will say declines, but he said that they're actually more of an upper chest excercise as well. There are plenty of people who on here who are more knowledgable on the subject than me, but my instructor had a bachelors in kinisiology(sp?) and a masters in sports therapy.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Decline dumbells and flat bench pauses.

After you do your chest workout, finish with about 185-225 on the olympic bar, and slowly lower the bar to about 2 inches off your chest. Count "one thousand one, one thousand two" and then lower the bar, touch your chest and drive it up. Do this as many reps as you can and it will really hit the area where your chest meets your breastbone. At least it does for me.

Comment

Just so you know...most people divid the chest into two halfs(top and bottom).

Here are just a couple movements that might help out some...

Inner:
        a) Flies(mainly machine) seem to work great for this.
        b) Cable Crossovers
        c) Close-Grip Bench Press

Lower:
        a) Dips
        b) Decline anything(presses, crossovers, flyes)

Comment

Ya, I started seeing some good lower chest development when I started the decline dumbells. Pull in wide, push up narrowing it until they touch.

I'm not sure if it necessarily takes that, but it is what worked for me to see some good shape.

S4L hit it on the inner.

Comment

Working...
          X