HVAC (non-Mr. Edd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC (non-Mr. Edd)

Our house is 2 story with a single unit that has dual dampers. Started noticing issues last week but the upstairs tstat does nothing. The downstairs tstat controls the upstairs airflow at this point.

Went to the attic and one of the solenoids had come loose. I don't know enough about this stuff to want to dig in. I'm in the Aubrey-Denton area.

by solonoid do you mean the damper motor?
    81 LX
    82 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Our house is 2 story with a single unit that has dual dampers. Started noticing issues last week but the upstairs tstat does nothing. The downstairs tstat controls the upstairs airflow at this point.

Went to the attic and one of the solenoids had come loose. I don't know enough about this stuff to want to dig in. I'm in the Aubrey-Denton area.
      How loose is loose? Like the motor is coming off the flapper inside the damper?

What part of the picture below has come loose?

Comment

If its the motor on the damper like the one above I probably have one that you can replace it with....I'm close too. Does the stat work upstairs? do you know what model the zone control panel is? It will be probably EWC, honeywell, or white-rodgers. a lot of the motors interchange anyways but most of them should be two wires to the motor.

Comment

It is a honeywell. The solenoid is the motor (I know little about hvac)

Tstat clicks on as if it is going to engage, but nothing happens.

Comment

If the tstat clicks its probably working. there might be a loose connection at the motor or at the zone panel. You should have a zone panel by your furnace wherever it is that probably has lights on it to tell you if theres a call coming from the thermostat. If you can find it to see if its getting the signal from the tstat that would be the first step, then to see if your motor (probably two wires) is getting 24v. The damper motor is probably power close so it defaults as being open which would mean right now any time your other zone or level calls they both get heat or air.

Comment

Working...
            X