Question about K6 1 Liter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about K6 1 Liter

So I started thinking tonight at work for some reason and looked around at frame sliders. Anyways, Is this normal to have this sleeve looking thing inside the head mount to the frame? I tried the best I could to get a pic of what Im talking about. Tell me what you think please. Bought the bike used and havent had a single issues at ALL. Here's why I started looking tonight. I remember putting the sliders on, and that side didnt let the nipple of the slider mount up flush with the frame like seem like it should.

My guess is, bike laid down, Bolt from frame slider broke off in the head. Then to get it out they drilled it out and placed the sleeve in there to continue use the head.

throttle side frame slider mount

Closer pic

Looking at this pic Id say that is a extra sleeve of some sort

PS, just found out site changed

it looks factory to me, but could be a sort of thread insert. what's your concern here?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      it looks factory to me, but could be a sort of thread insert. what's your concern here?
      well the concern is that my frame slider nipple doesnt slide into the hole like it looks like it should. 2nd concern is it doesnt look the same compared to the factory head in the last picture on that moutning spot. Just want to make sure they are mounted on there right in case I go down. I want it to do its job vs snapping the bolt off insided the head...

Comment

can you tell if there's a gap between the "sleeve" and the mounting tab on the head?

Comment

ok i just looked up the schematics for a 2006 gsxr1000 head and there is no sleeve.

Comment

Working...
          X