Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your.....

Patios.

I am going to be building a paver stone patio in the next couple of months (weather permiting of course) and am looking for some ideas.

Let me know if you did the work yourself or hired someone.

I would like to get an idea of what steps you took. ie: far did you dig down, what did you use for gravel base, sand etc.

If you did the work yourself where did you get your gravel or road base, sand and pavers from?

The patio we are thinking about will be roughly 20'X30' with a fire pit. We want to run wire and conduit for malibu lights and maybe a gas stub for a future propane tank to be added later.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

I have been told that your better off hiring someone to do the stone. It's hard work and a pro can do it 10x faster and better than the novice homeowner. I to am looking to have this done in the spring. fire pit sounds cool.

Comment

call this guy and tell him that brad told you to call...he's reasonable and does an excellent job. he also has tons of pics, to help you with ideas.

jose solis
      469-321-9450

Comment

Brad, thanks for the phone number, reasonable is hard to come by these days lol.

Here is what we are going for. I am gonna have to send the wife out to get some measurements to get an idea on the size.

Comment

I built one at our old house before the pool was put in. Took 2 weekends to finish it all, and it was a lot of work, but turned out great! I'll see if I have any pic's, not sure if I do.

Basically, I leveled the area with dirt, added sand on top and used a gas powered tamper to smash the fuck out of it and remove any air pockets.

Used rectangular rocks for the border, then limestone or sandstone or something for the pavers (4 tons worth). I spaced them out and mixed some cement, sort of like soup, in a coffee can, then poured it between each stone so it helped seat them without them moving around.

Damn thing held up very well, no movement at all and no weeds grew inbetween the rocks. My yard was sloped, so the front to the back had a 7 inch drop I had to level with the dirt/sand.

Found some pic's of some parties you can sort of see it in.

Last edited by yellowstang; 11-19-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I built one a couple of years ago and posted it on the old site. about 450/480 sq. ft. of flagstone with a 6" river-rock base and crushed granite in between the stone. I'll never do it by myself again.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              I built one at our old house before the pool was put in. Took 2 weekends to finish it all, and it was a lot of work, but turned out great! I'll see if I have any pic's, not sure if I do.

Basically, I leveled the area with dirt, added sand on top and used a gas powered tamper to smash the fuck out of it and remove any air pockets.

Used rectangular rocks for the border, then limestone or sandstone or something for the pavers (4 tons worth). I spaced them out and mixed some cement, sort of like soup, in a coffee can, then poured it between each stone so it helped seat them without them moving around.

Damn thing held up very well, no movement at all and no weeds grew inbetween the rocks. My yard was sloped, so the front to the back had a 7 inch drop I had to level with the dirt/sand.

Found some pic's of some parties you can sort of see it in.

Holy High hills batman!

Comment

vertnut we are looking at between 400-600ft of patio. I won't know for sure until I get home and do the measurements. I am not going to be doing it myself. I have thought about it but I would rather pay a crew to come in and do it right. I may do some of it myself but I am not going to excavate and fill in the bases. The other side of the coin is I do not have the time to do it.

We are looking to do a firepit and a sitting ledge around part of the outer border in near the pit.

Comment

Give this guy a call Jose 817-822-1915, he just built two sets of stone entrances for me in Mansfield and he did a beautiful job. He did it to match the rock on my house so it had to be done using the DRY Stack Method which is very hard to do and took 25 tons of Autumn Blend stone from Ranger, TX. Also i have a friend that can sell and haul you the stone. LMK if you need his number.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Patios.

I am going to be building a paver stone patio in the next couple of months (weather permiting of course) and am looking for some ideas.

Let me know if you did the work yourself or hired someone.

I would like to get an idea of what steps you took. ie: far did you dig down, what did you use for gravel base, sand etc.

If you did the work yourself where did you get your gravel or road base, sand and pavers from?

The patio we are thinking about will be roughly 20'X30' with a fire pit. We want to run wire and conduit for malibu lights and maybe a gas stub for a future propane tank to be added later.

dont waste your time unless your going to go with 120v flood lights/ HID ground floods or something similar. Malibu lights are low voltage and dont last long. plus they can be rearranged later on. The cable is made to be buried so it will just fine without conduit

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                      dont waste your time unless your going to go with 120v flood lights/ HID ground floods or something similar. Malibu lights are low voltage and dont last long. plus they can be rearranged later on. The cable is made to be buried so it will just fine without conduit

While you are hear, I am gonna need an electrician out to my house to check some outlets. All the GFCI were tested and same with the breakers but I have several dead plugs; a few outside and an island in the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fast95 View Post
                        Give this guy a call Jose 817-822-1915, he just built two sets of stone entrances for me in Mansfield and he did a beautiful job. He did it to match the rock on my house so it had to be done using the DRY Stack Method which is very hard to do and took 25 tons of Autumn Blend stone from Ranger, TX. Also i have a friend that can sell and haul you the stone. LMK if you need his number.
                        Did he give you a break down in cost? I am trying to see if the labor including excavation combined with me providing the materials is worth them doing it or me.

Comment

We went with slate. Mine is 20x25. After the slate was put down I have changed my mind and now enclosing it with sliding patio doors.

Originally posted by The King
                          I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Working...
                          X