Mercury Comet's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury Comet's

I have an obsession with sixties Comets, Fairlanes too. Lets see some pictures.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Have fun...

The Mercury Comets were the hot car at the drags in 64. Anyone have good pictures from back in the day? A/FX, stockers, whatever.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I like the early 60's models.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
              I like the early 60's models.
              I do too, I just never could get that into the finned comets.

Comment

my landlord has a 62 Fairlane survivor wagon... baby blue on blue int... the paint has great patina, but it's not rusty or anything. the interior is pretty much mint except for the front bench seat bottom and he's got a blue mexican blanket on it.

it's a 260 w/ a 3 on the tree. he overhauled the 260 a year ago or so. He daily drives it to work and back on nice days

he's got a 63 Fairlane 2dr that he's been working on for a while (actually had it longer than the wagon) and he's doing a straight front axle and a 302 in it
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Has been posted before....my Buddy Tim's car....

70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Here's a Tbolt I saw at Pinks All Out in Topeka KS this summer. Wish I would have taken more pictures of it.

http://www.69ecatsstrip.com

Comment

If I had the garage space, I'd buy this thing...he only wants $4150 obo

Comment

It's not as nice as the others here, but here's my 63 Fairlane with a 221 V8. I'm the 3rd owner, got it from my Grandpa, it has 37k original miles, but it's been sitting since 1982. I plan on just making it a nice cruiser, mostly original except for new paint (same color though), and maybe an AOD to replace the 2 speed auto. It needs a new gas tank, lines (maybe), and the typical tune up stuff. New brake system is already in place. I need to find a 2 barrel carb too if anyone has a line on one. The interior just needs new carpet, rear seatback, headliner.

Sitting in the field it came out of.

68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                        63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                        i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post

If I had the garage space, I'd buy this thing...he only wants $4150 obo
                          I really like that old Falcon! If I had the money I'd have bought it too! I've been thinking about selling my 92 LX to go and buy it.

My Dad had a 64 Comet back in the day, before me. It had a straight axle, 289, and 4 speed. His buddy still has his 65 Comet they built back then. Straight axle, 390 dual 4's, 4 speed, and chromed out rearend.

I really have gotten the bug to get an old car again.
                          92 LX 5.0

Comment

This thread delivers!

Comment

Originally posted by 351Coupe View Post
                              It's not as nice as the others here, but here's my 63 Fairlane with a 221 V8. I'm the 3rd owner, got it from my Grandpa, it has 37k original miles, but it's been sitting since 1982. I plan on just making it a nice cruiser, mostly original except for new paint (same color though), and maybe an AOD to replace the 2 speed auto. It needs a new gas tank, lines (maybe), and the typical tune up stuff. New brake system is already in place. I need to find a 2 barrel carb too if anyone has a line on one. The interior just needs new carpet, rear seatback, headliner.
                              That is a great car! The survivor cars have always been my weakness.

Comment

Working...
                              X