CNC oil drain flanges for T6 turbos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNC oil drain flanges for T6 turbos

Here's a few old pics of my CNC machine (it's gone now) cutting oil drain flanges. This was a test part, notice it's made of scrap material. The finaly part had chamfered edges, and a 1/2 or 3/4 NPT thread.

SOON I'll have the new cnc machine up and running, and will be making a lot more parts. This kind of stuff is actually FUN to make!

showoff!

Just kidding, that looks KILLER! I have always wanted to get into a CNC vertical mill but dont know the first thing about it and not enough time and money right now to dedicate to it.

Comment

lol.

Man, I worked in a machine shop for around 12 years and NEVER once worked on a CNC machine. Just at the end of my career there I started some hand generated programming but never ran the machine.

Here, something like 10 years later, I decided one day I was tired of sending all of my people out to buy parts elsewhere and started making all kinds of flanges in house. It worked out good till the Mobo went out on the CNC controls. I learned a LOT in the short time I ran that machine. I sold it for near scrap value since it had paid for itself. I bought a new machine that will be converted over to CNC controls - but for now, it's a standard ol' manual knee mill. I don't know how I went all these years without a mill and a lathe!

Comment

Yeah the most machine shop expirience I have is running the brake lathe at the parts stores when I worked there years ago.

Im a self learner anyway but from what little I have read, its a lot to take in. 12 years of machine shop expirience is nothing to laugh at, Im sure you could run the manual mill blindfolded (DISCLAIMER: Do not try this at home kiddies) so moving to a CNC was a natural progression. Great job as always B!

Comment

I'm going to need another one of those by the way.

Comment

Nice work gonna need a turbo drain soon and when you got time to do the stang?

Comment

Working...
            X