Buying a TV online..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a TV online..

Terrible idea, or...? I've found one that I want, and can save nearly $600 by ordering it from an Amazon.com vendor as opposed to driving down the street to Best Buy. I order a LOT of things online, and rarely have a problem, but this would be the biggest purchase ever, and being an electronic item has me wondering if that $600 might be well spent. What do you guys think?

dude, I dont know how much you are spending, but shelled out 3k for mine last year. I looked online and found them for 500-600 cheaper, but I would still be spending 2500, and if there was a problem, for that kinda dough, I want to be able to talk to someone face to face about it.

So I went to Circuit City and paid full retail. BUT, I have peace of mind. I think...lol
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I bought mine from Amazon. No prob. Also get your HDMI cables there, $5!! As long as you find the one you want at the store, no reason why you can't get the same exact thing for mucho cheaper.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I bought my tv online a few years back. I think I went through amazon for it to. The transaction with through with no problem. They told me its curb side drop off. But I was home alone and the driver was cool enough to help me bring in my tv.

I plan on buying another TV this year. And more than likey it will be online for the saving.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
          I want to be able to talk to someone face to face about it...So I went to Circuit City
          That didn't work out so well..

My dad bought a 55" LCD from Amazon and has had no problems with it at all. The TV's warranty is through the manufacturer anyway, so it's not like you'll be dealing with Best Buy anyway - unless you buy their protection plan.
          - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
          1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

I bought my LCD(newegg) and plasma(amazon) online with zero problems. FWIW
            03 cobra

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
              That didn't work out so well..

My dad bought a 55" LCD from Amazon and has had no problems with it at all. The TV's warranty is through the manufacturer anyway, so it's not like you'll be dealing with Best Buy anyway - unless you buy their protection plan.
              why didnt it work out so well?
              Vortex rear stand $75
              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

why didnt it work out so well?
                Circuit City is out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Terrible idea, or...? I've found one that I want, and can save nearly $600 by ordering it from an Amazon.com vendor as opposed to driving down the street to Best Buy. I order a LOT of things online, and rarely have a problem, but this would be the biggest purchase ever, and being an electronic item has me wondering if that $600 might be well spent. What do you guys think?
                  Have you checked with best buy to see if they will price match or come close?

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                    Circuit City is out of business.
                    lmao, youre right. Is it too late to state that I've been drinking since 4 ? make that "best buy". Alright, I'm out.

EDIT/ gawd dammit !!!
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                      Have you checked with best buy to see if they will price match or come close?

Not yet, but I don't think it will fit their policy. They have a fake site just so that their OWN prices are more expensive than what is shown online, so I don't have high hopes for that, but might give it a shot.

Comment

Just to clarify, CC brick and mortars are no-more. They still have an online store and it is legit, but IMO it'll never compete with the likes of newegg and other retail stores.

Anyway, I would buy online but only from reputable stores. Personally, I buy from Costco if I can for a quality vs price as well as 2 year warranty out the door for free.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I doubt BB will budge on their pricing, they're pretty brutal. I tried to haggle with them on an open box TV that they had marked up higher than the brand new price listed on Tiger Direct, and they wouldn't bend. Bought my TV new from TD and haven't had any issues.

You may try Conns or Frys - they might be willing to price match or at least knock it down a little.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                            I doubt BB will budge on their pricing, they're pretty brutal. I tried to haggle with them on an open box TV that they had marked up higher than the brand new price listed on Tiger Direct, and they wouldn't bend. Bought my TV new from TD and haven't had any issues.

You may try Conns or Frys - they might be willing to price match or at least knock it down a little.
                            They will price match with other LOCAL competitors with the SAME item in stock. They wont do any online price matching though, Best buy that is.
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

They will price match with other LOCAL competitors with the SAME item in stock. They wont do any online price matching though, Best buy that is.
                              Hell I couldn't get them to price match the exact same TV on sale at Fry's. I went to Best Buy since it was <5 minutes away and it would save me a trip to Fry's. They told me they couldn't match the price on the TV but if I also bought a wall mount and cables they could discount the package enough to make up the difference. I walked out and bought it at Fry's.

Comment

Working...
                              X