Who fixes receivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who fixes receivers?

My pioneer receiver(I forget what model) shut off and wont come back on. I took the cover off and the fuse tests good. Im in Fort Worth so let me know if anyone can fix it or where to take it.

Does the blue power light come on at all? Mine did this a few months ago and I had to reset it. Let me see if I can find the directions.

Comment

Press and hold ENTER and ADVANCED SURROUND on the front panel for 2 seconds. It would be easier to help find the reset method if you knew the model number.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
        Press and hold ENTER and ADVANCED SURROUND on the front panel for 2 seconds. It would be easier to help find the reset method if you knew the model number.
        I looked up the reset procedure and tried. nothing happened. No lights come on at all which leads me to think that it has a bad power supply but I dont know how to test a power supply. I even tried to find a power supply for it online just to see how much I could get one for but I could find it.

Comment

click

Jots has been around forever. Omicron sends some car audio out to other places but I'm not sure about home audio.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
            I looked up the reset procedure and tried. nothing happened. No lights come on at all which leads me to think that it has a bad power supply but I dont know how to test a power supply. I even tried to find a power supply for it online just to see how much I could get one for but I could find it.
            I would think its a bad power supply since no light at all come on. Pioneer has a authorized repair facility in Arlington.

Comment

If you are talking about Sound Idea I dont know if they do anything in house anymore. I approached them on my Denon unit some time back and they said they just ship it to the factory. The kicker on electronics repair these days is unless its a valuable higher end model, you can buy another unit cheaper.
              Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X