dlp experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlp experts

Having a problem with my 3 year old 50'' samsung DLP...

I had to slide the tv stand away from the wall to install some wires in the back, well when i slid it back and turned everything back on the picture on the tv seems to be zoomed in just a little bit. I am loosing about 1inch of picture on top,bottom,and sides. I have checked all settings and nothing is wrong. From what i have heard I may have knocked the light engine out of alignment when i moved the tv. But all i did was slide the stand out very easy about 1ft.

Easy fix?

The light engine is held in fairly well. In handling of quite a few of them over the years, I've never had one get *bumped* out of alignment. Some of the older units had a issue with one of the mirrors in the light tunnel coming unglued. When that happens you end up with a shadow over the image on one side or the other.

My first guess is that the format/aspect ratio settings are wrong on either the TV or your source. Some cable boxes and satellite receivers have their own independent aspect control which could cause the pic to be zoomed in quite a bit. Check to see if it happens on all inputs. If it only occurs on one input then it's probably that source.

Comment

Working...
    X