Electric Hot Water Heater ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Hot Water Heater ???

I am needing to replace my electric hot water heater. My house does not have gas, so that is not an option. Anyone have any recommendations on these things? I know the one I have now is a 50 gallon. There are only two people in the house, so I am contemplating on going with a 40 gallon for energy savings. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You'll probably want to check the city or county code for your area. I know some areas are requiring larger units depending on how many bathrooms the unit will be supplying. Like if you have 3 bathrooms you may not be able to downgrade to a 40 gallons, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by billybob81 View Post
      I am needing to replace my electric hot water heater. My house does not have gas, so that is not an option. Anyone have any recommendations on these things? I know the one I have now is a 50 gallon. There are only two people in the house, so I am contemplating on going with a 40 gallon for energy savings. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
      i just picked up a 50 gallon heat pump water heater from lowes...check it out. it qualifies for the federal tax credit, btw. they had it on sale and i got 10% off (get the coupon at the post office with a change of address packet), so i went ahead and got it. it's quite a bit more expensive than the regular electric water heater, but you'll save quite a bit on your electric bill...

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
        i just picked up a 50 gallon heat pump water heater from lowes...check it out. it qualifies for the federal tax credit, btw. they had it on sale and i got 10% off (get the coupon at the post office with a change of address packet), so i went ahead and got it. it's quite a bit more expensive than the regular electric water heater, but you'll save quite a bit on your electric bill...
        Is that the "hybrid" model that I have seen for sale various places? It was priced $1599 at Lowes. I haven't heard any feedback from anybody that has one to know if they actually noticed a savings on their electric bill or not. What did they have it on sale for, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
        X