Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadmill recommendations

Hi fellas,

Last month I assembled a stand up desk with the intention of eventually turning it into a treadmill desk. My research suggests that walking on a treadmill desk will burn up to 200 calories an hour. People that I have spoken to state that they have been losing about 2lbs a week with 8 hours of walking each day.

So now I'm looking for a decent treadmill (new or used) that will fit under my desk. I can redneck engineer it if needed to make it fit my needs. I would prefer it to have a fairly small control panel.

Do any of you have recommendations? Attached is a photo of the desk I'm using..
    Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 03-11-2017, 08:42 PM.

WTF...walking on a treadmill for 8hrs straight???
    Talk about some sore ass feet!

Comment

I'd rather just run for 1 hour, but that's one way to be more useful. The blood flow may help too.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        WTF...walking on a treadmill for 8hrs straight???
        Talk about some sore ass feet!

Depends on the shoe. I used to march like that with an 60lbs ruck sack. Of course I didn't do it everyday. However there are folks that do it everyday with no issues. I guess the shoes matter..

I'm already on my feet a lot more than 8 hours a day with this stand up desk. I might as well start burning some calories.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          I'd rather just run for 1 hour, but that's one way to be more useful. The blood flow may help too.

I really hate running, but walking doesn't bother me a bit. I'm at this desk all day anyways, so I might as well get the most out of it.

Comment

Working...
          X