Speed Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Racer

Not really sure why the live action version of this movie didn't do well at the box office. It is literally a live action 60s cartoon, with some badass car stuff, and some of the best directing and cinematography I've EVER seen in anything. Watch this movie. It deserves to be seen.

I tried watching it. A while back. I thought it was horrible. The cinematography was pretty good but the plotline sucked and the dude who played speed racer was fucking annoying.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
      I tried watching it. A while back. I thought it was horrible. The cinematography was pretty good but the plotline sucked and the dude who played speed racer was fucking annoying.
      ditto'ed. It could have been tons better. Another of my childhood favorites ruined on the big screen.

Comment

I dug it. Another movie where you'd be disappointed if you had some kind of expectation going in as to what it was, but pretty good if you put that aside.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty damn good movie. You have to be into Speed Racer to get Speed Racer. It was a nice remake of a cartoon that made me the speed demon I am today.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            I thought it was a pretty damn good movie. You have to be into Speed Racer to get Speed Racer. It was a nice remake of a cartoon that made me the speed demon I am today.
            I guess that's where my problem was. I wasn't that much into the cartoon. But the idea of a live action movie of speed racer seemed cool at the time.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Im into speed racer. I even have some dvd sets of the cartoon. I thought the movie still sucked. Just my opinion though.
              Originally posted by mutherjuggz
              That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

I watched It as a cartoon when ever I could find it as a kid, but haven't actually seen it in probably over 20 years. Maybe that is why I wasn't jaded. I don't see how they could have done a better job.

Comment

was chim chim in the movie?

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

It was very bright and shiny with lots of pretty colors. If you're in to that sort of thing. Besides that, the acting was god awful and at best it was a B overall.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                      It was very bright and shiny with lots of pretty colors. If you're in to that sort of thing. Besides that, the acting was god awful and at best it was a B overall.
                      My thoughts on it as well.
                      Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                      That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        was chim chim in the movie?

god bless.

Yes.

Watching again. Haters gonna hate!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X