Case length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case length?

My headspace gauge hasn't came in yet, but as I was resizing some brass I was checking the overall length. I had some ranging from 1.749-1.758. And I started thinking if I was gonna load about ~100 rounds, wouldn't I want the lengths to all be the same? Because the bullet would be seated deeper in some than others? Or am I over thinking it?

When I trim down using the little lee pilot thing I have they go down to about 1.755.

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
    My headspace gauge hasn't came in yet, but as I was resizing some brass I was checking the overall length. I had some ranging from 1.749-1.758. And I started thinking if I was gonna load about ~100 rounds, wouldn't I want the lengths to all be the same? Because the bullet would be seated deeper in some than others? Or am I over thinking it?

When I trim down using the little lee pilot thing I have they go down to about 1.755.
    Depth is relative. Case volume can be equal yet the cases are different OAL. You can't judge it until you have your case gauge, only then can you verify you true case size. The neck can be shorter than spec and still be fine - this is common. Too long and it can crimp on chambering and cause excessive case pressure or boom bitch.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
    X