component set for 96 cobra.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• component set for 96 cobra.

What's a good component set for a 96 cobra? It has a custom mounts for 6.5 speakers in the doors

JL components are good but they have like 5 lines now.
    I've had a set of alpine type r 6.5 components in a mustang, tweeter was mounted in the mach 460 tweeter housing. I thought they were excellent.

either way, they need a good 2 channel amp.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
      JL components are good but they have like 5 lines now.
      I've had a set of alpine type r 6.5 components in a mustang, tweeter was mounted in the mach 460 tweeter housing. I thought they were excellent.

either way, they need a good 2 channel amp.
      I have a 2 channel planet audio amp. good or no good?

Comment

It all depends on your budget and expectations. Tons of brands out there to choose from. Lots of people will disagree, but I believe that with rare exception, you get what you pay for. I currently own and use 4 different sets of JL components (in two different vehicles): ZR, C5, C3, and C2. They all do well for what I wanted and what I was willing to spend. I like that they offer different lines for different budgets and applications.

I ran a set of Boston Pro 60s for a while, and I loved them. I don't know how much they've changed their design in the past few years, but I bet they are still great. One of my tweeters finally died, but they took a lot of power for a long time.

I put some Alpine Type S 6x9s in my old lady's ride, not expecting much, but they actually sounded pretty decent. The Type R is an upgrade from the Type S, so I'd imagine they would sound better.

To be honest, I don't really hang with anyone else who has nice stereo stuff in their ride anymore, so I haven't heard anything else to compare. I'm biased, and think my stuff sounds superior, but there are no doubt a lot of different setups that could sound just as good or better.

I bet if you spend over $300 on a set of components from a highly regarded brand, you'll be satisifed. Get a good amp with plenty of power (I don't know much about that Planet Audio amp), deaden the crap out of your doors, use a good head unit, and play with the EQ settings if you can. Those things will make the biggest difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
          It all depends on your budget and expectations. Tons of brands out there to choose from. Lots of people will disagree, but I believe that with rare exception, you get what you pay for. I currently own and use 4 different sets of JL components (in two different vehicles): ZR, C5, C3, and C2. They all do well for what I wanted and what I was willing to spend. I like that they offer different lines for different budgets and applications.

I ran a set of Boston Pro 60s for a while, and I loved them. I don't know how much they've changed their design in the past few years, but I bet they are still great. One of my tweeters finally died, but they took a lot of power for a long time.

I put some Alpine Type S 6x9s in my old lady's ride, not expecting much, but they actually sounded pretty decent. The Type R is an upgrade from the Type S, so I'd imagine they would sound better.

To be honest, I don't really hang with anyone else who has nice stereo stuff in their ride anymore, so I haven't heard anything else to compare. I'm biased, and think my stuff sounds superior, but there are no doubt a lot of different setups that could sound just as good or better.

I bet if you spend over $300 on a set of components from a highly regarded brand, you'll be satisifed. Get a good amp with plenty of power (I don't know much about that Planet Audio amp), deaden the crap out of your doors, use a good head unit, and play with the EQ settings if you can. Those things will make the biggest difference.
          what head unit do you recommend with ipod control?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnc View Post
            what head unit do you recommend with ipod control?
            I'm partial to double din Alpines. I have a w505 now, and the Ipod control is slick. They actually make units that are even more geared towards using the Ipod, and some don't even have CD players in them. Keep in mind that Ipod sound quality is nowhere near as good as CD. If you get good equipment, this will become much more apparent.

Comment

John... U want Focals. They are pricy but they sound bad ass... If u want to hear my dad's car sometime, let me know.

Comment

beryllium focals.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

morel, and alpine cda-105

Comment

Hertz sound great.
                    2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

Working...
                    X