X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadmill Desk Completed

Check it out...

Treadmill Desk by rboyett2001, on Flickr

I got the treadmill from a buddy that was selling it to raise money for his mission trip to an orphanage in Zambia (really, I'm not kidding). He sold it to me for $100 but I went ahead and kicked in another $200...

Anyways, I got it ripped apart and reconfigured my desk to work with it. Pretty damn spiffy. I just need to get some lubrication for the belt and I'm good to go. I'm also going to rebuild the controller box and wiring harness so I can put it into a Radio Shack Project Box. Right now the cable isn't long enough to put the controller on the top of my desk where I want it.

It works pretty damn good..

This is Redneck Engineering at its finest...
    Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 03-31-2011, 08:31 PM.

Looks very nice and seems like you got a great deal!
    Keep us posted on how this works out for you plz.

Comment

Yea, I will definitely keep ya'll posted. I'm 206 now and want to get down to at least 180. I'm going to go back to working with dumbbells too.

Comment

So, stupid question, what if you just don't want to be on the treadmill?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          So, stupid question, what if you just don't want to be on the treadmill?
          Well I've been using it as stand up desk for over a month now. I can just turn if off and stand. The belt is padded and I have an additional pad I can put over it to take pressure off my feet.

Additionally, I'm thinking of building a custom stool that will fit over the treadmill when I want to plant my ass for a while..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Well I've been using it as stand up desk for over a month now. I can just turn if off and stand. The belt is padded and I have an additional pad I can put over it to take pressure off my feet.

Additionally, I'm thinking of building a custom stool that will fit over the treadmill when I want to plant my ass for a while..
            OK, I was referring to the sitting part. I couldn't stand all day, everyday.

Comment

I admit, it does take some getting used to. However it has done a lot for my posture.

Comment

I used to be a Sevice Advisor at a dealership and I guess I never thought about it until the good Sarge's threads about a stand up desk but I stood all day back then to include walking and running all over the place to track down mechanics, cars, glances and flirts with the hot cashier, etc. With good shoes it really is not that bad.

Now if I worked at home like it looks like he does I would have a nice desk that rolled right upto the couch where I would plant my ass for sure.

Or server will not let me see the pics so i will have to wait until I get off work. I am sure it is top notch work like some of the other stuff you have posted.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

went from sit down desk to stand up work station at work about 3 years ago. Cant imagine sitting all day now. Nice setup btw
                  -Blaine

Comment

How do you jack off and run at the same time?
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                      How do you jack off and run at the same time?
                      I haz skilz grasshopper... skillzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                        I haz skilz grasshopper... skillzzzzzz
                        That must have been what Tony Stark meant when he told Pepper Potts that she's walked in on weirder things than him getting in his suit.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Well today is the first time I try going all day on this thing. So far I've only gone a couple of hours at a time. Some things to note.

Drinking coffee at 1mph isn't hard but I wouldn't try it any faster.

My typing speed is down from about 60wpm to perhaps 35 to 40. I feel like I'll get better as I work on my walking posture.

The noise from the treadmill is tolerable but may be too loud for conference calls. I'll find out later today.

Beyond the treadmill, I'm going to start doing light dumb bell work again. I'll be putting my old desk on craigslist and looking to put a little more equipment in here when its gone. My wife is very much interested in getting back in shape so I'm going to encourage her on it. I want to see that tight Japanese ass again

Our neighbor is a certified dietician. She is going to come by tomorrow and help us work on that a bit.

My goal here is to go from my current 206lbs to 180lbs, which was my weight in the Army.

Comment

Starting my 2nd full week at this. Weight is now 201lbs. Today I walked 10 miles. The treadmill computer says I burned 1564 calories.

I'm starting my day walking 1.5mph but increasing to 2 and 3 mph as the day goes on. I'm also curling 10lbs dumb bells every so often.

Comment

Damn that's crazy...you not in alot of pain?

Comment

Working...
                              X