Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Transporter

coming to TV

Cinemax is bringing The Transporter from film to television, with franchise writer-producer Luc Besson behind the wheel.

Deadline reports the cable channel has made a 12-episode commitment to the series, produced by French company Atlantique and executive produced by Besson. The $48 million action drama was announced back in December, when Besson’s EuropaCorp would only tease that it was partnering with a “big” U.S. broadcaster.

Like the hit movie franchise, The Transporter TV series centers on Frank Martin — the role was portrayed in the three films by Jason Statham — a professional transporter who will deliver anything, anywhere, for the right price. He operates by a simple, but strict, set of rules: Never change the deal; no names; never open the package; and never make a promise you can’t keep.

No casting announcements have been made. However, EuropaCorp said in December that it hopes to deliver the first episodes by November 2011, which means we’ll probably be hearing some news soon.

Fail?

I like the movies... will watch the first few episodes.

Comment

They managed to make a successful series that involved David Hasselhoff driving around in a talking car for every episode so I guess this has just as much of a chance. Same basic plot, anyway......minus the talking car.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
      X