• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good deal or not? 2003 Yammie R6

in mint condition, clear title
    3800 bucks , approx 15K mileage
    from a friend of mine
    considering just selling my shitty bike and upgrading.
    also:
    various bolt ons like flame heel guards , misc cosmetic stuff
    yoshi carbon fiber exhaust
    windscreen i think
    may need a battery, I forget the tire conditions
    may need a chain cause he didn't take care of well

hasn't been riden much ,especially recently
    let me know if you can think of any problems that might occur with not riding it much.
    a year ago we slapped a new battery in it and drove around a bit. rode fine, not sure if he ever put new gas in it or not before he gave up on riding yet again

Originally posted by futant View Post
    in mint condition, clear title
    3800 bucks , approx 15K mileage
    from a friend of mine
    considering just selling my shitty bike and upgrading.
    also:
    various bolt ons like flame heel guards , misc cosmetic stuff
    yoshi carbon fiber exhaust
    windscreen i think
    may need a battery, I forget the tire conditions
    may need a chain cause he didn't take care of well

hasn't been riden much ,especially recently
    let me know if you can think of any problems that might occur with not riding it much.
    a year ago we slapped a new battery in it and drove around a bit. rode fine, not sure if he ever put new gas in it or not before he gave up on riding yet again
    I would see if he would go lower. Not because of what I am going to say next but because of countless hours of the past 1.5 year looking at bike prices. I paid $3,500 for mine last year (in Summer/Fall) and sold it for $4,000 a few months ago.

It was a 2005 Yamaha R6 with 9,000 miles (when I bought it) and just under 13k when I sold it.

PS for a bike that is in mint condition you sure do list a lot of things wrong with it..
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      I would see if he would go lower. Not because of what I am going to say next but because of countless hours of the past 1.5 year looking at bike prices. I paid $3,500 for mine last year (in Summer/Fall) and sold it for $4,000 a few months ago.

It was a 2005 Yamaha R6 with 9,000 miles (when I bought it) and just under 13k when I sold it.

PS for a bike that is in mint condition you sure do list a lot of things wrong with it..
      Tires and a chain?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        Tires and a chain?
        ..and a battery.

That just seems like a lot of stuff for a $3,800 bike. I mean, IF all of those are needed that is what, $400 -/+ in things he needs to buy for it just to consider it safe?

All I am saying for that price range there are some real nice bikes to be had. It wasn't to long ago there was an '06 GSXR for $3,700 on here. It needed tires and it had a bit more miles than I would like for a bike but other than that it was a clean looking bike.
        Last edited by 347Mike; 04-05-2011, 10:22 AM.
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          Tires and a chain?
          I'd be more worried about what else the owner didn't maintain, if he couldn't even keep the chain adjusted and lubed.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

i can't remember if it needed tires or not
            chain either, he may have replaced it I forgot
            battery almost definitely

I appreciate the comments, and I see there really are some deals out there to be had
            the yoshi exhaust is really nice on it though

Comment

thats a little steep for an 03 R6 with the mileage and the repairs needed. I'd expect a clean running 03 R6 needing no repairs would probably fetch $2800-3500.

Comment

$3300
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

pass....here's a few

there's an 06 636 in the classifieds that i would offer 3500 on

Comment

If you want a deal look for bikes further north. I see 04-05 r1 sell for 4000-5000. With 6-9k miles.

This is in nw Iowa

Comment

The last time I bought good tires for my bike, it was nothing to sneeze at price-wise. I would definitely see if he might adjust the price some if it did need tires.

Comment

he said the tires are brand new
                        he said the batt is good too, but we'll see about that, it's at least a year old and not being ridden so thats bad on the battery for sure.
                        he said it does need a chain.

that 600rr looked pretty good.

ironic , I m going to Iowa in like a week on business. like anyone could ride a bike like these back! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          If you want a deal look for bikes further north. I see 04-05 r1 sell for 4000-5000. With 6-9k miles.

This is in nw Iowa
                          Save the trip! I'd let mind go for 5k. '04 Gsxr600, 6400 miles I think (I'm not by bike).

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                            Save the trip! I'd let mind go for 5k. '04 Gsxr600, 6400 miles I think (I'm not by bike).

x2. The bike is super clean.

Comment

The miles on the bikes don't worry me anymore, my 03 R1 has 45k miles on it right now and who knows how many dragstrip passes under it's belt. If you want a good handling bike for corners, its hard to beat an R6. I'm in Texarkana and it's hard to find a decent F4i for less than $3500. I guess the bigger cities make it easier to find good deals.

Comment

Working...
                              X