Switching to 3 day push/pull/legs workout routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to 3 day push/pull/legs workout routine

So I've been working out pretty intense these last 4 months and I have to say, it was hard to get started and keep it going. Now I feel guilty if I don't go to the gym one day. lol... The girls are liking what they see so that's all that matters! The beach body is almost ready! Too bad I drink too much and don't eat healthy or the abs might actually start to show.

Anyway, I'm gonna switch things up a do the push one day, the pull another day, and legs the third day. Do you guys think that working each muscle just once a week should be enough? I know you need plenty of rest but once a week seems like too much rest....

What's are yalls routines looking like?

Here's a thread from a few weeks/months ago with peoples routines. Not sure how many are still the same.

Do you have one? As a newb i was very overwelmed with everything in the gym. I still am with certain movements. I dont have access to people like justin who can help. I've been doing a simple ruitine. m-w-f is bench 1 warm up and 3 sets full weight and one burn out set. incline bench is the same with out a burn out

Comment

I'm doing the push/pull/legs routine and try to work the same muscle group on the fourth day following the workout. I can go 5 days if I miss the 4th, but 6-7 days later just feels like I lost progress and got weaker.

Comment

When I was working 8-5 for two years I worked out with weights on Sunday only. One week was bi's,tri's, shoulders, and abs, the next week was chest, back and legs. So basically two weeks a a part for each routine. Now I worked out pretty hard since there was such a gap. I can honestly say in two years I lost nothing. No real gains but no losses. Now I am back to twice a week same type of set up and making gains again. I am a pretty big guy and figure I am a strong as I really need to be. LOL 12 years of hitting the gym 3-5 times a week gets old. I have a hard time with twice a week now. It wasnt real bad when I had a workout partner but as with most he pussed out after a year.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
        X