Titanium or black headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium or black headliner

Anybody have one they dont mind coming off of? Has to be nice since the rest of the inside is brightened up

It is so easy to redo your own! I can guide you through it if you want. Go down to a fabric shop (I use JoAnn's ) and preview the colors there. The cost IIRC was 24ish dollars.

Comment

I need one in my '85 too. Wish I still had the backing board, it's easy to redo your own if you still have that.

Comment

Yep still do. I will go this week end and pm ya!!

Comment

Im going to jo annes today. Is there a specific kind of fabric?

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFALOHALTOM View Post
            Im going to jo annes today. Is there a specific kind of fabric?
            It is foam backed, about 1/4 to 3/8 in thick.

I like black if there is any other black in the interior for the headliner and carpet.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yeah i was gonna do black. I put the titanium carpet in, but just got black floor mats from lms. Painted the ac vents

Comment

Black also. And also bought new hatch carpet and did it black as well since it can dirty back there

Comment

Just go in and ask for the headliner material. When you buy the material, inspect it closely and make sure none of it has been crushed!

Comment

Cool once i get it. Ill be asking for pointers to get it done

Comment

Tools and things you will need;

Drill with a wire brush
                      3M Super 90 spray on adhesive (in the green can)
                      A 4 inch or so paint roller (foam or long nape)
                      Sharp exacto knife or something to trim with

Think about some kind of insulation for the roof to. I used aluminumized Mylar bubble stuff.

Now for the fun! Tear off the old headliner cloth (the foam is going to stick to the backer-board). Be careful not to bend or kink the board while removing the cloth!
                      Take the drill with the brush and grind down the foam. It will make quite a mess so stand upwind. You do not have to clean down to "clean" board.

Position the material on the header board DO NOT FINGER THE MATERIAL and put indents
                      into it! Fold the material back as you are only going glue 1/2 at a time. Spray glue as per directions. While unfolding and sticking down the headliner to the board, use the paint roller to gently push the material to the backer.

Trim and reinstall your new head liner being careful not to crush or dent it with your fingers........

ENJOY

Gary

Comment

Working...
                      X